Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 2023

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately feel like it's going to be a dreadful season yet again. Next to no competition, the midfield isn't even particularly interesting, real lack of personalities anywhere to even make it intriguing for individual battles. 

Red Bull comfortable 1-2, Aston Martin a solid season to come second with Ferrari and Mercedes shooting themselves in the foot for another year. 

I'd like to see more done to give us some parity, rapidly losing viewership if people I used to speak to about F1 are anything to go by. 

• Site Supporter

I like the irony of the current SkySports adverts for F1.

Theyre using a song with the lyrics “a little less conversation a little more action please”

From a channel that talks for about 300 hours about a 2 hour race.

This season looks awfully like being a bit of a write off after ten races

Red Bull will walk it this year and I have no problem with that other than Drive To Survive once again confirmed what a massive cunt Horner is

Whats disappointing is that I don’t really see anything to interest me behind them 

Ferrari will limp to second. Merc look utter shite. Aston Martin may provide a bit of entertainment. McLaren look awful. Alpha Tauri just meh. Only hope is that Williams do summat

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Winchester White said:

I see the Vegas event is going well! 😂

Ha ha yeah. Just seen the pics of the underside of Sainz's car

This has got potential disaster written all over it. Ironically was watching the Brawn documentary on Disney last night and it showed when that spring fell off the Brawn and hit Massa on the head. Imagine the same with a drain cover

Been really looking forward to this GP, just because it's a new circuit, but I've got serious doubts that it will go smoothly

I'm no Verstappen fan at all, but fair play to the lad for calling it out for the bullshit this race is, before the weekend even started as well. 

Bet the F1 owners loved that, world champion pissing all over their new billion pound event 😁

23 hours ago, boogs said:

I'm no Verstappen fan at all, but fair play to the lad for calling it out for the bullshit this race is, before the weekend even started as well. 

Bet the F1 owners loved that, world champion pissing all over their new billion pound event 😁

Aye. Same. Interested as a new circuit, just to see how they all cope, but it’s just money making shite. Texas is good, Miami is a bit glitzy shite but a decent race, this is just Muricans thinking they can do a Monaco. Will still watch the race with interest though 

5 hours ago, boogs said:

Well, credit where it's due, I thought it'd be a load of shite but the race was pretty good. Plenty of action throughout the field, quite enjoyed it. 

Still......... fucking americans, plenty of cringe moments pre and post race. 

Enjoyed it. Particularly Le Clerc taking Perez at the end for 2nd. Looks a decent racing circuit. Ban Americans and it would be superb

• 2 months later...