Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our Wembley tourists

Burndens Bogs

• Moderators

Wife has done more games this season and last  than she did over all the years since we got married, combined

Still didnt think she would want to do an 18 hour day with this pisscan, but shes all over it

• Site Supporter

Absolutely more the merrier. The wife and mother are both going for the day out but no intention of watching us regularly.

Play offs would be totally different. I wouldn’t want a JCL near me telling me to ‘cheer up, it’s only a game’ if we lost.

While I want to win a pot, won’t spoil my day at all if Plymouth win

• Moderators
Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Absolutely more the merrier. The wife and mother are both going for the day out but no intention of watching us regularly.

Play offs would be totally different. I wouldn’t want a JCL near me telling me to ‘cheer up, it’s only a game’ if we lost.

While I want to win a pot, won’t spoil my day at all if Plymouth win

100%

Plus the fact that theres prob no more than 20k who you would say deserve a ticket

Theres loads spare

44 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Absolutely the more the merrier. Anyone acting the cunt towards the JCLs risks them never attending again and becoming future hardcore.

Eggzacktamundo.

Had a family of Jannerpudlians behind me for semi final. Could have been a knob and laughed as Madrid tore them apart but chose to encourage the kids to get involved in chants. At end of game they were begging dad to take them Wembley 

11 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

This is how fanbases are expanded. The younger end get the bug, the older end re-ignite the flame. We just need to avoid another bloody Stoke episode!!

Exactly.  Wembley (or Cardiff) matches can be quite pivotal.  The difference between the effect of winning (Torquay, Reading, Preston) with the very sobering defeats (not turning up v Tranmere, Watford, Boro with all the ticket fallouts, Villa with the Holdsworth miss, Stoke) can mean it leaves a negative taste.  Its all positive pre-match, its massive for the club to ensure it remains a positive post-match too.  I'd go so far as to say I'd take winning that game over any of the next two, and I never thought I'd say that for this competition.  

• Site Supporter

As previously mentioned, Loft is coming over for this one. He's done his time mind you, travelling in clapped out vans pulling string from one side to the other to get windscreen wipers going, and getting left behind in motorway services and the like.

As we all have.

13 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

totally; is S coming down? only seem to see him at parties now: i need to address that

hopefully see you both down there if not sooner

Yes he’ll be there. Just waiting for confirmation of travel arrangements.👍

Don't begrudge anyone watching us. I haven't been since my mate died 3 years ago, mainly as out of 15 of us that used to go regularly at Burnden, and the move to Middlebrook, only me and him were left up until his death, so even though I'm not going to Wembley, the more the merrier

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Hopefully a lot of the people worn down by the KA years have rekindled their love of BWFC under FV and Sharon. 

If we we can just finish well with a Wembley win and get into the play offs.

The problem is, a lot of those who fell out of love with the club found other things to do. 

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The problem is, a lot of those who fell out of love with the club found other things to do. 

I know Micky, for some it was an excuse waiting to happen. KA, then Covid, then cost of living. 

The only let down for me  personally is actually getting there in the first place. £7 per match even for kids (unless there's a decent bus driver) is not going to get them flooding back, nor is the mess that is the free for all getting off.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I know Micky, for some it was an excuse waiting to happen. KA, then Covid, then cost of living. 

The only let down for me  personally is actually getting there in the first place. £7 per match even for kids (unless there's a decent bus driver) is not going to get them flooding back, nor is the mess that is the free for all getting off.

I think this started way before the Anderson’s. Folk are still using moving away from Burnden as the excuse, or Megson.