Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan's mess is infectious

JOGLER

they probably bank with

Silcon Valley Bank somewheres.

and that he (the burnley guy) used to be at lehman brothers is a bit funny. 

i bet theyre caught up in the same mortgage securities fuck up SVB are.. 

cant teach an old dog new tricks

or summat

and the AI App stuff in his Bio i've just read.... bit of a red flag..

lol theyre fucked

Edited by e2e4
edit

Burnley have explained why the EFL have taken such action, and it relates to a change of auditor – a person or company who oversees the club’s financial transactions – earlier on in the season.

The Lancashire outfit claim that they decided to switch auditors back in November but the transition has not gone as smoothly as they would have liked.

Due to the fact that Burnley have submitted their accounts late because of their change of auditors, the EFL have decided to take action, although the club themselves believe that the draft accounts and financial information that they have submitted are clean, with official submissions set to take place in April.

31 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Burnley have explained why the EFL have taken such action, and it relates to a change of auditor – a person or company who oversees the club’s financial transactions – earlier on in the season.

The Lancashire outfit claim that they decided to switch auditors back in November but the transition has not gone as smoothly as they would have liked.

Due to the fact that Burnley have submitted their accounts late because of their change of auditors, the EFL have decided to take action, although the club themselves believe that the draft accounts and financial information that they have submitted are clean, with official submissions set to take place in April.

Firms switch auditors when they don't like what the original ones come up with 😉

It’s been predicted for a few years now that the house of cards would come tumbling down at some point. Seems to be gathering some momentum. I like where we are currently at with a decent solid base thanks to FV if not where we would like to be at in the league

Lost touch with all the financial shenanigans but what’s the situation with Sheff Weds and Derby for example? All appears quiet on what’s happened there?

Neil Hart mentioned in an interview a few weeks ago (think it was before the Port Vale game) that they'll be a lot of high profile clubs who will be struggling financially and likely face punishment eg. points deductions. Feel very fortunate to have Sharon in charge 

22 minutes ago, tomski said:

It’s shit really. Should be 24 clubs on merit finishing where they do. No point penalties etc. 

I get that, but you have to have some rules in place to stop clubs signing players they can't afford to pay.

How about not being able to select a player unless he's been paid?

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

No "house" rules then?

Just think it makes it all the more predictable When I reckon over 95% of those with point penalties go down. When we played the babies I was embarrassed for the teams (et ok tranmere) revelling in their 5-0 victory etc. 

1 minute ago, Traf said:

I get that, but you have to have some rules in place to stop clubs signing players they can't afford to pay.

How about not being able to select a player unless he's been paid?

Fully agree. Think my vision is a purist one where everyone can afford everyone etc. Embargo’s and deductions I think we all agree do not make for better leagues. My only obvious suggestion is a salary cap. Opens up another argument altogether mind you.

• Site Supporter

A salary cap could operate (a bit like we had to for a while) with a max percentage of income being given over to playing staff. How that is divided up is up to the club.

Have to have some regulation and punishment or our clubs will be at increasing risk of being fucked over by poor ownership.