Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

If Credit Suisse goes bust

globaldiver

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d say not… aren’t the banks better capitalised and more robust set of rules brought in. Nothing would surprise me though. 

Here in the US it was (Dodds and Frank) by Obama but someone decided to get rid of it, so here we are again, will in the US anyway

10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’d say not… aren’t the banks better capitalised and more robust set of rules brought in. Nothing would surprise me though. 

They are supposed to have learned the lessons, and I think that UK banks and regulators (probably) have, but…..

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s a bit of a cunt for those like me who are thinking of taking the 25% out of their private pension… oh well it’s carry on working. 

You can still take 25%, up to a max of 25% of £1,073,100, which is £268,275. 

It might be prudent to take it before we have a change of government.

2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Genuine question but why do you say that?

To be safe.

Of we have a change of government (likely), then they might want to raise money and might look to attack pension funds. It wouldn’t be the first time. The tax free cash would be an obvious target.

If you didn’t take it and lost it, then people might be a bit cheesed off.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

To be safe.

Of we have a change of government (likely), then they might want to raise money and might look to attack pension funds. It wouldn’t be the first time. The tax free cash would be an obvious target.

I hadn't realised that it was the wallpaper man who had cut the allowance from £1.8m to its current level. A measure to raise funds after the crash, so, as you say, may well be a target again.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

To be safe.

Get you, thanks for the explanation 👍 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If I had the chance to take 100% of my pot and chuck it in the bank I would, who knows what’s round the corner on the markets but I’ve an uneasy feeling, and I’d take a chance with the money safe in my bank account. 

Buy Bitcoin 😉

Talking to a customer today who lost half his pension investing it in to a high brow wine enterprise. Buying bulk loads and selling at mega prices. £150 a bottle caper.

Made a few decent amounts in year running up to it, then had a deal with the value of £80k in the offing then got an email saying the company had gone in to liquidation.

Felt bad taking a tenner off him for his windows :D

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If I had the chance to take 100% of my pot and chuck it in the bank I would, who knows what’s round the corner on the markets but I’ve an uneasy feeling, and I’d take a chance with the money safe in my bank account. 

Why can’t you?