Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter (A) - Good Friday

desperado

Hard watch second half but I thought our somewhat makeshift central defence stood up brilliantly against a big Exeter attack. Just not sure why we resorted to hoofing the ball forward after half time, there was just no need to do it but hey ho, we got the points and that’s all that counts at this time. After Wembley you just can’t fault a performance like that. 3 more very creditable points and onward to Monday.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Imagine slagging off one of your own players when we're winning away. Thick as fuck.

You answer my inbox with the same standard as on here

its an internet forum of opinions you are abusive and need dealing with

If it’s not me someone will will fucking stamp on you 

A very hard fought, professional and important 3 points that. Big character from the side 

regardless of the result last Sunday it must’ve drawn out a lot of energy both physically and mentally. To regroup and go to a very difficult place against a team who are on a decent run and a) control the first half and b) stand firm in the second shows a real backbone 

7 to go 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

You answer my inbox with the same standard as on here

its an internet forum of opinions you are abusive and need dealing with

If it’s not me someone will will fucking stamp on you 

👍 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Arrested development said:

Hard watch that second half. We looked tired and just couldn't keep the ball. We probably should of drawn that really but not many teams go there and win so a great win. 

Indeed. Picked the same team as wembley where he could, which surprised me a bit, and he talked about using the squad.

A fantastic result in the circumstances, hope they're fresh enough for Monday.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Thomason and/or Lee start, and maybe big Vic.

First 20 mins of 2nd half it looked like we were hanging on a bit, it was very much us defending for all of it.

R.Williams did some good stuff in attack, had a shot blocked and skipped past his man and won a corner but defensively he looks like he's not switched on, Trafford had a go at him when he let a player past him with ease following a throw, but he won some headers late on.

Great through ball for the goal and a cool finish from Bradley, our best football was defo first half, but we defended very well 2nd half.

Not watched a minute,  3 points away from home in what a lot have said is out toughest game remaining and yet people are still moaning.    Bet theres an evatt doesn't know what he's doing appears somewhere,  probably on Bolton till I die on fb

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Far from it, well up for it👍 Also think he had a go at smashing Cosgrove late on at Wembley 

Excellent. Always a bit of a concern when a player returns after a bad injury.

Does anyone else think he could do a job at left wing back?

May offer a bit more defensively than Williams, if not quite the pace going forward.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's the type of win I've been waiting for all season.  Supposedly 2nd best according to what I've heard, had the luck, weakened side, Trafford involved a lot, clean sheet and lucky 1-0 win.  That will do, great 3 points.

Hard fought I agree but certainly not lucky JR, we fully deserved the 3 points. If you mean a battling performance I agree but I don’t consider us lucky when let’s face it two of our best central defenders are missing and ones just back from injury. That was exactly the type of performance you want to see and hopefully we can go again on Monday in what might actually be a tougher game with all the one dimensional stuff Cambridge will bring?