Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford (A)

burnden

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rizlar said:

MJ might slot in to keep our normal formation he can play CB done it many times before. 

I think MJ is our only sensible option. I just hope Oxford’s forwards aren’t quick, cause that would be his major downfall.

But I do think he has some decent attributes to play there. His height, strength, he can tackle, read the game well and would be very well suited to bringing the ball out from the back and building up play the way Evatt likes.

At @DazBob will be delighted 😂

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

I think MJ is our only sensible option. I just hope Oxford’s forwards aren’t quick, cause that would be his major downfall.

But I do think he has some decent attributes to play there. His height, strength, he can tackle, read the game well and would be very well suited to bringing the ball out from the back and building up play the way Evatt likes.

At @DazBob will be delighted 😂

Just cannot see IE changing to a back 4 but you never know.

• Site Supporter

I predicted changes last week which caused debate and disagreement. I think the side will go back to something like we saw against Plymouth and Exeter. Taking out the predicted injured;

Trafford 

Jones.    MJ.    Johnston

Bradley.   Morley.  Sheehan.    John

Lee

Charles.  Kachunga

Think Dempsey will be involved, more likely as a sub with everything that’s gone on this week and with him probably not training for large parts. Nlundulu did well, so between him Vic and Kachunga to partner Charles.

1-3 to The Wanderers!!

If he is or isn’t “injured” he’s doing the right thing by taking him out of the firing line.

He simply isn’t good enough.

BTW I’m getting a bit fed up with “fatigue”,  “emotional” & all the other buzz words.

Get on with the bloody game FFS!!!!

Edited by captainmed

Going 4 at the back might be a good idea if we had iredale but I don't fancy Bradley and John/R.Williams in a back 4 away from home and also I don't like the idea of gethin as a centre back in a 2. 

Williams at CB seems the only option. Maybe they might have to play a deeper line to leave less spaces behind. 

Edited by Arrested development

On 11/04/2023 at 12:50, Wanderlust said:

Karl Robinson has set his team out "not to lose" so it may well be one of those where we have possession and frustration in equal measure with Oxford building a wall and looking to score on the break and from set pieces.

Interesting interview with Manning wherein the interviewer is trying to get him to say that they are going to offer an attacking threat - and Manning gives a thinly-veiled "we're set up not to lose" response.

It's obvious we have to get the first goal.

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Let’s hope he can play centre half, too. 

And/or hope the opposition don't have a striker who can run faster than my mum.

Fuck me, the thought of a ball over the top of MJ and him having to turn like an artic lorry, dragging his false leg, is going to give me nightmares tonight.

3 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Fuck me, the thought of a ball over the top of MJ and him having to turn like an artic lorry, dragging his false leg, is going to give me nightmares tonight.

Five penalties for Oxford

Well I think there clearly is a fitness problem in defence as IE is now saying we will be all about attack and out scoring Oxford, which looking at their record shouldn’t really be too hard. After his performance on Friday I’d like to see Dan alongside Dion up top, I think he’d give them a real run around with his strength and pace.

43 minutes ago, DazBob said:

False leg makes me piss :D

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, captainmed said:

If he is or isn’t “injured” he’s doing the right thing by taking him out of the firing line.

He simply isn’t good enough.

BTW I’m getting a bit fed up with “fatigue”,  “emotional” & all the other buzz words.

Get on with the bloody game FFS!!!!

This is what I was thinking. Mbette may have been told he was dropped for the next game or two and given the option; do we say it’s due to you being shit or do we say you’re injured.

I honestly think we will have to get 4 points from these next two aways and I think we will.

Reason being I cannot see us winning all the 3 home games within the week. I’m worried about the Fleetwood game, not the other two.

However if we do have to go to Bristol Rovers and win then I’m confident we will.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

Is Mbete definitely out though? Dan Barnes article in BN suggested he might start:

Traff

Jones Johnston Mbete

Bradley Sheehan Morley John

Dempsey

Charles Kacha

That said the BN doesn't really seem to know what's going on these days....

Their predicted starting line-ups are usually pretty accurate to be fair.