Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Freddie Flintoff

Spider

• Site Supporter

I know he had an accident a few months back filming for top gear, but the BBC played it down as I recall saying it wasn’t too serious.

Theyve now cancelled the show and have described his injuries as more serious than first thought.

What happened? It’s hard to find much about it for some reason.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Spider said:

I know he had an accident a few months back filming for top gear, but the BBC played it down as I recall saying it wasn’t too serious.

Theyve now cancelled the show and have described his injuries as more serious than first thought.

What happened? It’s hard to find much about it for some reason.

Reports saying it's Freddie who has suffered mentally. 

Had troubles before, but supposedly doesn't feel he can be the "daredevil" he was, and therefore doesn't want to carry on.

Dunno how accurate that is, but it's not difficult to envisage he's lost his bottle. 

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Had troubles before, but supposedly doesn't feel he can be the "daredevil" he was, and therefore doesn't want to carry on.

Dunno how accurate that is, but it's not difficult to envisage he's lost his bottle. 

Ah Righto, cheers. Makes sense that.

Shit news though, because I thought he was a good host and seemed to be over his troubles.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I’m not sure if “losing your bottle” and “realising you’re playing a dangerous game the result of which could see your wife’s and kids’ husband and dad seriously injured or worse for wanting the viewers to be entertained” are interchangeable.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

?

Must be some reasoning there I suppose. 

You don’t understand what I wrote? 

Allow me to simplify:

You say he’s lost his bottle because you enjoy people risking their life for entertainment, I say growing up and putting family first because I don’t.

Edited by MickyD
Typo

13 minutes ago, MickyD said:

You don’t understand what I wrote? 

Allow me to simplify:

You say he’s lost his bottle because you enjoy people risking their life for entertainment, I say growing up and putting family first because I don’t.

Id say thats exaclty what he meant by saying lost his bottle.

Dont think it was a jibe, just a general saying isnt it?

• Moderators

I wouldnt have the bottle to do that shit in the first place

I can see what micky is saying

Flintoff may well be happy to crack on, but thinks leaving a wife without a husband and kids without a dad isnt a justfiable risk

• 5 months later...
  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

He worries me :(

Has a haunted look and I can see past his bravado.

He's spoken openly about his battles with mental health issues and I'm sure he's getting the best of treatment if needed. He'll also have a great number of mates and colleagues looking out for him, so hopefully he'll be reet.