Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton Albion (A)

burnden

Please for the love of god, can we just ensure that this smarmy prick doesn't end up taking this piss out of us again ?!

I felt at a particular low point, when we were 3 0 down inside 18 minutes, away on a rainy Tuesday night at Burton and all I could see was this prick taunting us after every bit of play.

Lofty would batter him .

Screenshot_20230417-122902.jpg

Edited by Lostock Whites

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

True Lusty, expect anything from results at this stage of the season. I’m sorry to say that I think we’ll lose this one but I think Derby will struggle to get anything at Exeter and Accy as you say need to win to get out of the bottom four and let’s be honest, it’s never a nice place to go and play so Posh could easily end up losing as well and it’s as you were and we still have the game in hand. 🤗

Much rather have points on the board than a game in hand at this stage though.

Same every season - mad results all over the shop.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Lostock Whites said:

Please for the love of god, can we just ensure that this smarmy prick doesn't end up taking this piss out of us again ?!

I felt at a particular low point, when we were 3 0 down inside 18 minutes, away on a rainy Tuesday night at Burton and all I could see was this prick taunting us after every bit of play.

Lofty would batter him .

Screenshot_20230417-122902.jpg

What is it, apart from angry looking?

11 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

3 wins from the last 5 enough after weekend?

A point tomorrow night would be a good one, considering the form they are in.

Exeter to beat Derby and us avoiding defeat tomorrow would be a fantastic couple of days for us.

I'd say say 3 wins will 100% see us in the play offs. Will put us on 80 points meaning derby will have to win all 4 of their remaining to better that. 

Will take a point all day long tomorrow, unfortunately can see us losing...

• Site Supporter

I wonder if Evatt will consider a 5-4-1 line up tomorrow?

Used it twice away from home and won both, so a positive experience with it.

Might allow more possession and quicker pressing which could be vital in preventing them building situations to launch long balls to a busy penalty area. Make them play it quicker than they might like to.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I wonder if Evatt will consider a 5-4-1 line up tomorrow?

Used it twice away from home and won both, so a positive experience with it.

Might allow more possession and quicker pressing which could be vital in preventing them building situations to launch long balls to a busy penalty area. Make them play it quicker than they might like to.

I’d like to see that. A midfield 4 behind Charles 

Morley  Sheehan  Dempsey Thomason 

Charles 

Or it could be Shoretire or kachunga in the CAM role behind Charles. 

I think it’s a good option to have/use, but I do think he’ll go with either Vic or Dan with Charles which I’d understand. 

• Moderators

Obviously we should keep picking players until they break

But if it was me, id be erring on the side of caution with all of em

Theres a few running on gas

Still struggling massively to see what legohead offers, but we have to get some energy into morley

It just looks like too many of em need a breather and while santos is missing we have to play so differently

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I expect Burton to be as tired as we are they put a monumental effort in to beat Sheff Wednesday and hopefully that’ll tip the game in our favour. 

Under Maamria I expect Burton to be organised, super fit with a full on press and direct football. We are going to have to be at our best to play through them to nick a goal and defend like lions.

I just hope we don't roll over and then get the "game too far"/"we were tired" spiel. We need proper battling spirit for this one.

14 minutes ago, desperado said:

See, I have real issue with this line of thinking. Because the truth of the issue, IMO, is that under the circumstances, if we did loose it would  be a “game too far, fatigue” etc etc.

It wouldn’t be an excuse, spiel, modern day made up bollocks.

Absolutely 

7 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Under Maamria I expect Burton to be organised, super fit with a full on press and direct football. We are going to have to be at our best to play through them to nick a goal and defend like lions.

I just hope we don't roll over and then get the "game too far"/"we were tired" spiel. We need proper battling spirit for this one.

It’s Burton FFS not a team world beaters. They are near the bottom of the league and we shouldn’t be worried about them. Go out and play our game and we should be better than them 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

It’s Burton FFS not a team world beaters. They are near the bottom of the league and we shouldn’t be worried about them. Go out and play our game and we should be better than them 

These teams find an extra gear when playing some of the massive clubs in our league. Is it any different for them than when we were beating Liverpool, Villa, Arsenal, Everton, Spurs, etc., in cup matches a few years ago?