Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

WWR?, WWW? & What will u do Differently Next Time?

Ruba Mustafa

• Site Supporter

I won't be driving again if we make the play-off final. We parked on an official car park, and everything went perfectly smoothly to be fair, but I would've loved a beer or 5 before kick off.

15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

fuck all the local pubs off, and head straight into the ground for food and drinks

This (although we did figure that out by 1.15 so not too bad)

Hoping to be able to go on the train next time and stay in central London rather than having to drive back from Watford the next day 

It went like clockwork apart from some wanting to walk 10 minutes to this pub away from Baker Street so we only just made the kick off and missed some of the atmosphere walking down Wembley Way.

Me and the missus stayed at our sons in Kent and that was good but if we make the playoff final I will train it from Worcester and stay the night Central London 

After some of the train nightmares we've all faced this season messing up many of the aways, Sunday was easy in comparison.

Only change I'd make is possibly staying over but if that were the night before, the chances of getting pissed and ruining match day are high.

Was a great day, everything ran surprisingly well.

Not sure how Id do it but reduce the walking about for my Dad. We made the mistake of going in to Euston then having to go over to Euston Sqaure to get to baker street. Baker St to ground was spot on.

Id also get to ground earlier. Thought it would be bedlam on concourse but it was the brilliant on there. Like an airport departure lounge.

Trains were perfect, not a single delay. Back in B’Met for 10.30. 

Only minuscule downside for me was being sat in the shade to the left of the goal freezing my nads off. Mate was sat in the sun telling me how glorious it was.

Other than that, a very successful trip

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Enjoyed it all but if we went for the play offs, i'd do a return trip in the day rather than down for 2 nights.

The day out wouldn't be anything like as relaxing/enjoyable though, unless of course we won

Im other way, I'd deffo go down the night before.

Was all a bit rushed in morning. 

Everything went perfect and the only thing i would change would be book 2 nights instead of 1.

We only stayed that night after which was great but would do night before as well for the play off.

Wouldn't bother trying to get in fan zone either but would deffo try the food in that Turkish restaurant instead of just drinks, looked very nice.

Oh. And the petrol at asda top of Wembley was only £1.40 instead of the £1.75 i paid at Oxford services.

• Moderators

I wouldn't really do owt differently.

Set off from Horwich at 630am

Arrived at Wembley at 1030am with a stop

Set off from Wembley around 6pm and back at 1015pm

It helped being in coach space one coming back, so didnt have to wait around for folk.

I wouldn't leave after 630am

Can we assume me changing anything won't have a knock on to the team so we still win 4-0 ? 

We want to the Bolton fan zone / sports bar on Marylebone Station. It was fine and travel in and out brilliant. Was very much a bar rather than proper boozer but very functional

Would probably get a slightly earlier train back , 20:30 out of Kings Cross was later than we needed. I would also not offer to buy the kids Burger King meals to celebrate afterwards ! £36 for 3 !