Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

WWR?, WWW? & What will u do Differently Next Time?

Ruba Mustafa

1 hour ago, woolli said:

Fuckin nightmare journey. Set off at 6.45am from Blackhorse Farnworth, got to Warwick services for just after 9. Happy days, i thought!, meet up with my mate from Canada, and a Gloucester white for a few bevvies. Not to be! Coach broke down, wouldnt go in gear, 4 hours for a replacement coach, missed the 1st two goals. Only consolation was that Bolton had scored them. 4,500 mile round trip for an hour and a quarter football. Loved it when i got in, loved the aftermatch celebrations. What would i do next time? Not got a fuckin clue!

You think that was bad mate well I know of something worse than ours.

Another coach firm was picking some friends of mine up at the Blackhorse bus stop in Farnworth at 8-45am and by 9-10 it had not turned up, the group that was waiting to be picked up were actually waiting outside the pub and not the bus stop so my freinds ( 3 of them ) moved 100 yards up the road to the bus stop. 5 mins later the coach turns up picks up the group outside the pub and then drove past the ones waiting at the bus stop which was the designated pick up point. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

32 minutes ago, Tel said:

You think that was bad mate well I know of something worse than ours.

Another coach firm was picking some friends of mine up at the Blackhorse bus stop in Farnworth at 8-45am and by 9-10 it had not turned up, the group that was waiting to be picked up were actually waiting outside the pub and not the bus stop so my freinds ( 3 of them ) moved 100 yards up the road to the bus stop. 5 mins later the coach turns up picks up the group outside the pub and then drove past the ones waiting at the bus stop which was the designated pick up point. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

They all got there for kick off, was speaking to one of them this morning, and the cunt of a coach firm we used are not answering any lines of communication.!

Edited by woolli

25 minutes ago, woolli said:

They all got there for kick off, was speaking to one of them this morning, and the cunt of a coach firm we used are not answering any lines of communication.!

Presuming yours was Gaz's coach.  The day didnt get any better for him did it :D

Some great hints, tips n info on here!

so in summary, it may be best to either go down on the day or go down the day before and stop over either for one or two nights. Or u could go there n back in a day.

Travel ether by car, mini bus, coach or train.

Get in the ground early or late, drink local or away from the venue!😂

my preference is actually to suggest an area close to a tube station a few stops from Wembley and meet up there late morning with the first to arrive to find a good boozer, catch the tube about 2 pm, works for me.

Anyway, whatever u do next time, hope u have a great time! (Again)

see u in May 

8 hours ago, L/H White said:

same, wont bother with any of the pubs 

Stadium didn't open til 1pm. 

Level 2 was same pricing as the rest of the ground depending on the block. We were £60 and kid £10. Was brilliant. 

Can't see it ever being the same for play offs or any other Wembley event to be fair. 

On 05/04/2023 at 16:41, leigh white said:

Getting a single room the next time. never heard snoring so loud off my room mate, was fucking shattered after losing two nights sleep.

You want to share with LW!! Like a fucking tornados jet engine. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

19 hours ago, gonzo said:

Some Plymouth chap who was in a mood :D 🍾

Plymouth chap was sat on a wall with 2 St John ambulance guys in attendance when I strolled past 2 mins after 😂😂😂😂😂