Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge (H) Easter Monday

matty2094

Weird in that seemed more seats available this morning than last night.  Is there a secret stash dotted around the ground they don’t normally sell?  Anyhow still selling well by looks of things so opening south stand lower looks inevitable.

1 hour ago, Bertie said:

Weird in that seemed more seats available this morning than last night.  Is there a secret stash dotted around the ground they don’t normally sell?  Anyhow still selling well by looks of things so opening south stand lower looks inevitable.

And again…….

EA5B52E4-0BAC-48B5-A988-AF88F88D830E.png

First time I've ever gone to ticket office a few days away from a routine league game and had to queue for a good 20 minutes.  About 50/50 getting STs and Cambridge.

Needed 4 tickets for Monday and was hoping for ESL, even single seats, but had to get WSU.  A bit disappointing to miss out on the newly opened sections even if its crazy corner.

18 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

That’s impressive tbf. With the position they are in I only expected about 300 max

They’ve only been here twice since 1990 and they were both Tuesday nights, one Covid.

Weekend in Blackpool factor too.

Edited by captainmed

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

They’ve only been here twice since 1990 and they were both Tuesday nights, one Covid.

And they won away at Vale last week 2-0. 

And £10 / £5 tickets.  It must be a nice bonus to have an away game that price, I don't think we've ever had the good fortune to have one?  Other than Blackburn doing the £15 tickets for a spell like we did.

2 hours ago, captainmed said:

So they haven't played here on a Saturday since the 80s, and still won't have this season, strange fact.

Fond memories of 1980-81 beating them 6-1 with a hat-trick from Brian Kidd, I had a great view of it stood near front of Embankment.  They brought about 20 (twenty).

21 minutes ago, tomski said:

Why has no one taken a picture with stadium map dots available in the last hour???

I can’t concentrate here.

Too busy posting Wembley Way selfies and photos of folk waving flags.

59 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

apart from a few single seats dotted around, there are only 2 sets of pair tickets left (does that make sense??) 1 pair ESL and 1 pair NSU - surely they have to open a few blocks of SSL now??

Just looked- only single seats and one pair now in NSU

All weekend to go plus morning of the game; get South stand open for Bolton fans