Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury Town (H)

Burndens Bogs

14 hours ago, Arrested development said:

Should of been 3 easy. Dion and Victor missed easy chances.

It's all about results now and after today it's us derby and peterboro playing for the last two playoff spaces 

My only main worry is Victor just doesn't look like he can hold the ball up.  Everything bounces off him. I think he's a box player like Dion, his goals are all penalty box and he doesnt do enough outside the box.  Nlundulu looks better playing with Dion, but Nlundulu doesn't look like he's going to score. See what he looks like next season but right now he doesn't look worth the half a mil outlay. 

Think what  iE is looking at in the last few games 

Is the Dion and Victor  Partnership 

for next season  AS them are the Two who have Contracts 

and if its not working  Needs to buy in the Summer 

Mj and Bradley outstanding

created a lot of chances second half similar to burton - my concern is get in the play offs against top teams and all the missed chances cost us.

watched the papa johns highlights last night and taking 2 of your first 3 chances takes the wind out of the opposition.

for all the good work we did yesterday, one deflection or balls up late on costs you.

Dont want to slag him off bu vics game needs to improve,  how many times is his 2nd touch a tackle.  In the game at Charlton he excited me when he came on but since then the ball goes to him and I dont expect anything .  

Oh and I thought the shrews keeper looked decent, know nothing about him but am sure mr Markham and Mr evatt have him noted.

2 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Regardless what the table says, I expect Accy to be even more difficult of a challenge than Shrewsbury, they are shit but will be fighting for their lives

But we play like we did 2nd half and should've no problems.

No excuses for me. These are the teams we’d of chosen to play and the job needs doing.

• Members
1 hour ago, Wanderlust said:

As Posh can now only get to 79 points and have a GD -5 compared to us, we only need a win and a draw in the last 3 games to qualify for the playoffs Bolty.

Even so, we need some momentum and form.

So we agree then. See, ye of little faith. I always thought there was a chance ;)

I am hoping that our experience of a big occasion at Wembley gets the chance to come to the fore and stand us in good stead.

17 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

Dont want to slag him off bu vics game needs to improve,  how many times is his 2nd touch a tackle.  In the game at Charlton he excited me when he came on but since then the ball goes to him and I dont expect anything .  

Oh and I thought the shrews keeper looked decent, know nothing about him but am sure mr Markham and Mr evatt have him noted.

Agree on Big Vic. Would start Dan over him to end of the season.

Thought their keeper was a shocker. Besides the 2 x 1-on-1 saves, he didn't move for anything else. I was thinking at the time, our first shot on target will be a goal, and from memory it was.

In contrast, don't remember Trafford having to make a save.

Edited by Cheshire Youri

36 minutes ago, marple whites said:

created a lot of chances second half similar to burton - my concern is get in the play offs against top teams and all the missed chances cost us.

watched the papa johns highlights last night and taking 2 of your first 3 chances takes the wind out of the opposition.

for all the good work we did yesterday, one deflection or balls up late on costs you.

i know evatt has his system, but we really do need to shoot more and try to enforce errors 

it's dove me insane all season 

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

As Posh can now only get to 79 points and have a GD -5 compared to us, we only need a win and a draw in the last 3 games to qualify for the playoffs Bolty.

Even so, we need some momentum and form.

What would you actually accept as being good form? It's 2 points per game since Sheff Wed.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, perth_white said:

What would you actually accept as being good form? It's 2 points per game since Sheff Wed.

Was thinking the same.

Managing games so well with loads of first team defenders out, number of clean sheets and no defeats.

Can't really ask for more.

IE’s ploy of tiring the opposition is a loada shite really - start fast & score early, theres nowt wears the opposition down more than being 3-0 down at HT.

One lucky goal for them in that goalmouth scramble yesterday & we’re fucked - just like we were against Cambridge.

Hit ‘em hard & early and get the game won by the hour mark - then you can relax and rotate players.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

10 hours ago, Big E said:

Still no idea what we bought that burton lad for

I'll qualify this by saying JDB had a couple of similar halves of football, and Charles has too where everything bounces off them and they can't get a meaningful touch.  It happens for strikers.  But if you're talking about a player that made minimal contribution to a game of football, I'm struggling to think of a better example than Adeboyejo yesterday.  Not 100% his fault, in that he made runs and there was little attempt to find him, but the few times he did get involved with the ball, that was a poor show by any standards.  Kachunga looks streets ahead of him currently.

3 hours ago, little whitt said:

Think what  iE is looking at in the last few games 

Is the Dion and Victor  Partnership 

for next season  AS them are the Two who have Contracts 

and if its not working  Needs to buy in the Summer 

Assuming we're in L1, get JDB signed up, once he gets over his current injury.  Its unlikely we'll get better, the failed attempts to replace him in January show how hard it is to find someone near his level.

2 hours ago, marple whites said:

Agree with that, along with Dempsey.  The energy and effort from KD and CB fantastic.  KD has gone from "what does he bring to the table" territory to "must pick" for me.  We have other options if Morley, Sheehan, Lee don't play but nobody does that box to box driving the team on and winning challenges consistently like Dempsey.  

2 hours ago, W.cramp said:

According to Wiki, Shrewsbury paid a fee to Coventry for him and he signed a 3 year deal that has a year to run.  200+ appearances for Coventry, Doncaster and Shrewsbury no lower than  L1 so he's got some pedigree.

3 hours ago, Cheshire Youri said:

Agree on Big Vic. Would start Dan over him to end of the season.

Thought their keeper was a shocker. Besides the 2 x 1-on-1 saves, he didn't move for anything else. I was thinking at the time, our first shot on target will be a goal, and from memory it was.

In contrast, don't remember Trafford having to make a save.

Could be wrong and I haven't watched highlights but I thought Dempsey's header he pushed onto the post and Dion's 1vs1 were both at 0-0.

Either way saying 'if you ignore all the good saves he made he was shite' is a bit harsh on a keeper.