Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coronation on your street?

globaldiver

• Members
5 hours ago, Winchester White said:

You are right they aren't. However I think having a long term relationship alongside your marriage is weird. Also, your actions have an obvious huge impact on the whole family, especially the kids.

Families break down of course and people fall out of love, life doesn't go to plan, I agree.

Load of bollocks. No way is William playing away. Cunts throwing shit around hoping some will stick.

Met offered apologies to those arrested, they used the new laws under this government to shut down any peaceful free speech demonstration.

It's a proper sad state of affairs when people's opinions can't be heard peacefully even if they differ to yours with the backing of a vocal minority.

Maybe some folks on here would like to follow the Met's lead and do the same with Cheese considering how some went two footed into him for pointing out the issues that our police force is now apologising for.

It's wasn't Cheese that had a 'mare' this weekend.

• Site Supporter

Here's my understanding of the situation:

The vast majority of the crowd are very pro-royalty.

The minority protesters are very much anti- royalty. 

Allowing the minority to voice their opinion in front of such massive numbers would possibly be detrimental to the protesters' safety by causing a localised riot wherever they voiced that opinion. 

The police have a duty to protect the peace and by removing any catalyst to riot they have done that. 

They haven't so much prevented a protest as prevented a riot.

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Met offered apologies to those arrested, they used the new laws under this government to shut down any peaceful free speech demonstration.

It's a proper sad state of affairs when people's opinions can't be heard peacefully even if they differ to yours with the backing of a vocal minority.

Maybe some folks on here would like to follow the Met's lead and do the same with Cheese considering how some went two footed into him for pointing out the issues that our police force is now apologising for.

It's wasn't Cheese that had a 'mare' this weekend.

What would the reaction have been had these protesters been twatted to a pulp by royalists?

Police blamed? Bet your fckin life.

They can’t win.

This way at least, nobody was hurt. Physically.

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

What would the reaction have been had these protesters been twatted to a pulp by royalists?

Police blamed? Bet your fckin life.

They can’t win.

This way at least, nobody was hurt. Physically.

Bring twatted to a pulp isn't the reason for stopping peaceful freedom of speech, and to that end those metering out summonery 'justice' should be the ones arrested, not those vocalising their democratic free rights.

They can win, its really very simple, let people have a free voice in a peaceful manner. The fact that the Met was in conversation with Republic for months beforehand makes it worse.

The fact that folks are defending innocent people getting arrested before staging a peaceful demonstration on the basis of their own safety whilst those its 'protecting' them from are allowed to go about their business is frankly quite bizarre.

Anyway, the Met have rightly apologised, those who it affected are rightly speaking  to their lawyers. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Bring twatted to a pulp isn't the reason for stopping peaceful freedom of speech, and to that end those metering out summonery 'justice' should be the ones arrested, not those vocalising their democratic free rights.

They can win, its really very simple, let people have a free voice in a peaceful manner. The fact that the Met was in conversation with Republic for months beforehand makes it worse.

The fact that folks are defending innocent people getting arrested before staging a peaceful demonstration on the basis of their own safety whilst those its 'protecting' them from are allowed to go about their business is frankly quite bizarre.

Anyway, the Met have rightly apologised, those who it affected are rightly speaking  to their lawyers. 

The police often treat football fans the same way.

It’s not right, but in the heat of the moment I’m pretty sure they just want to choose a path that creates the least hassle.

Nobody got hurt, they’ve had LOADS of publicity about not like the monarchy. To me, it’s a score draw.

Move on,

15 minutes ago, Spider said:

The police often treat football fans the same way.

It’s not right, but in the heat of the moment I’m pretty sure they just want to choose a path that creates the least hassle.

Nobody got hurt, they’ve had LOADS of publicity about not like the monarchy. To me, it’s a score draw.

Move on,

I think folks can move on if this wasn't directly the fault of the current Home Sec and also the day we 'move on' from shutting down peaceful protests is the day their country has finally lost it's tiny collective mind.

I've seen this 'its happens at football' arguement trotted out, if that is the case, why aren't people more angry about what happened to the Republic demonstrators? Two wrongs obviously don't make a right, or is it because most people didn't like the message Republic were promoting?

Its dead simple this - you can't arrest people for saying something other people don't like in a peaceful manner. That's really as complex as this discussion is and that's why the Met have been forced to back down and issue this statement....

“This evening all six have had their bail cancelled and no further action will be taken. We regret that those six people arrested were unable to join the wider group of protesters in Trafalgar Square and elsewhere on the procession route.”

Without doubt it's a tough one to police but they've got this one wrong. They will be facing a legal battle now and it's not looking like it will go their way. You can't stop peaceful people attending a protest. It doesn't matter if they're outnumbered, or they're muppets, or they annoy you. The police have a job to facilitate and manage crowds safely - they have centuries of experience doing this and do it safely week in week out across the country. 

If Labour make it in then I hope they take a serious look at how this law and how it is being used. The anti-royalists worked with the police for months over this and told them their plans, they were assured they could protest. 

It is strange watching people still trying to defend it. Fights breaking out? Have you seen the kind of people that attend these events? It's hardly thousands of Millwall fans let loose around Buckingham Palace ffs. Those that were protesting were often stood side by side the flag wavers. If not for the yellow shirts or union jacks, you'd know no difference. It was all grand. All the police needed to do was stay close and police the larger demo. 

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Here's my understanding of the situation:

The vast majority of the crowd are very pro-royalty.

The minority protesters are very much anti- royalty. 

Allowing the minority to voice their opinion in front of such massive numbers would possibly be detrimental to the protesters' safety by causing a localised riot wherever they voiced that opinion. 

The police have a duty to protect the peace and by removing any catalyst to riot they have done that. 

They haven't so much prevented a protest as prevented a riot.

Dozens of protesters demonstrated against the Coronation

There are countless pictures like this of the pro royalists and anti-royalists side by side. There are even photos of selfies together. Both sides knew what to expect and it looks more like a rugby crowd. Does that honestly look like a riot to you? Ask @Not in Crawleyas well. He was there and would know more about the atmosphere. 

But if that's how you really feel, then I imagine you would support a police policy which simply bans all away fans from entering the local area and the ground where the opposition play. Home fans only it is then. Must do anything to stop a potential riot rather than facilitate peaceful attendance. 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Dozens of protesters demonstrated against the Coronation

There are countless pictures like this of the pro royalists and anti-royalists side by side. There are even photos of selfies together. Both sides knew what to expect and it looks more like a rugby crowd. Does that honestly look like a riot to you? Ask @Not in Crawleyas well. He was there and would know more about the atmosphere. 

But if that's how you really feel, then I imagine you would support a police policy which simply bans all away fans from entering the local area and the ground where the opposition play. Home fans only it is then. Must do anything to stop a potential riot rather than facilitate peaceful attendance. 

I did get told to fuck off when I asked someone to put their union jack umbrella down inside as it nearly took my eye out.

The crowd was families in the main, as I've said felt like a trip to Wimbledon. went for a drink and one young lass was a bit merry and everytime the national anthem struck up, she started belting it out, asked me why I wasn't singing but that was about it. Mix between those who are passionate about the RF, and those who were there to see a bit of an event. 

The booing of Liz Truss by almost everyone was quite funny though.

The Police undoubtedly have a difficult job but The Met can't help itself from just making shit up to suit their false narrative.  They've been in advance discussions with protestors for months then announce afterwards that they had intelligence, folk were going to use the placard holders to lock themselves onto stuff.  The Councils night patrols, a Met partner, arrested because they've had intelligence that they were going to use the rape alarms to spook horses.  Exposed as lies now with the apology they've issued. 

They've learnt feck all from the De Menezes feck up or the resignation of Cressida Dick.

9 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

The Police undoubtedly have a difficult job but The Met can't help itself from just making shit up to suit their false narrative.  They've been in advance discussions with protestors for months then announce afterwards that they had intelligence, folk were going to use the placard holders to lock themselves onto stuff.  The Councils night patrols, a Met partner, arrested because they've had intelligence that they were going to use the rape alarms to spook horses.  Exposed as lies now with the apology they've issued. 

They've learnt feck all from the De Menezes feck up or the resignation of Cressida Dick.

That was just bonkers - Night Stars help loads of vunerable people in central London and hand out rape alarms as a matter of course.

• Moderators

couple of observations on this

lefty - have you seen what it costs for all this shit?

my answer - itd be a fuck load less if they didnt need to police the unwashed

also, the priority of the police is the safety of everybody at the event

if getting tied up with the unwashed means sarfraz blows himself up taking 250 with him, theyre wrong again

theres no harm done, i suspect the police dont actually give a fuck and just glad it passed over nice and peaceful

just chuck a wishy washy statement of regret out and get on with shooting some dogs

job done, in their eyes

They needed to police the thousands of flag wavers in central London, that's where your money went, squire.

Few hundred peaceful protestors are a drop in the proverbial.  

Another fuck up by the Met. Difficult job or not, they're not painting themsleves in a great light at the moment being a blunt tool of the blunted headed Home Sec. Its not damned if you do etc this situation, they made a mistake. Again.