Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Play Offs

RUREADY2ROLL

2 hours ago, Whitestar said:

So having already saved £120 on the hotel, £70 on petrol and however much the tickets were plus I'd have been on my third drink by now i reckon I'll be about £320 up on the day 🤔

£370 for the hotel, £95 on trains and who knows how much on beer and food. Probably £700 better off and a thank you from my liver.

Instead I’ll watch it in the garden with some supermarket beer. 

I know we can get a little antsy about our style of play, especially when it's not working and we are just passing it around slowly.

But I'll tell you what, I'd rather watch that any day than just having the ball in orbit every second like these 2, it's horrendous football.

8 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

We just weren’t good enough. Need more quality than what was brought in in the January window 

I think it was a combination of factors, losing Bod and Jones, ran out of steam, Wembley win and euphoria took a lot out of the team, and Evatts refusal to change the style of play against Barnsley, he was schooled by Duff and a 1 dimensional Barnsley team. Im fucked of we aren’t a Wembley today. 🤬

Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think it was a combination of factors, losing Bod and Jones, ran out of steam, Wembley win and euphoria took a lot out of the team, and Evatts refusal to change the style of play against Barnsley, he was schooled by Duff and a 1 dimensional Barnsley team. Im fucked of we aren’t a Wembley today. 🤬

Spot on . I hope as well we fuck  the papa John off next year nice day out but we have done it we put a strong line up almost all the way through it just adds more games to a long season 

Edited by Farnywhite

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We can't change our style of play. How would we have switched styles for one game. ? We weren't schooled, we just played poorly. 

1 minute ago, Arrested development said:

We can't change our style of play. How would we have switched styles for one game. ? We weren't schooled, we just played poorly. 

Mix it up, try going long, play into channels and get it forward quicker, it was clear playing side to side in front of a deep lying Barnsley played right into there hands… it was a shit show from Evatt. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Mix it up, try going long, play into channels and get it forward quicker, it was clear playing side to side in front of a deep lying Barnsley played right into there hands… it was a shit show from Evatt. 

Cheers, Mike

4 4 fucking 2