Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Play Offs

RUREADY2ROLL

9 hours ago, desperado said:

Strange one. So is he from Nottinghamshire or is he a Lancastrian, Or a random north Londoner lost in the north west?  - Takes all sorts doesn’t it? But if you’re a proper Luton fan you’d have been at Wembley tonight, not at Old Trafford wearing a Luton shirt???

Yeah you’d have thought so. Unless it was a random shirt contest which tbf I did see a group earlier in the day, albeit I think they were largely Fulham fans. 

Carlisle or Stockport ??? For no big reason, I don't like Stockport much, no doubt tickets for there would be another fuck up & Sarcevic is a prick.......whereas I haven't been to Carlisle for many, many years, I think the last time was a midweek 0-5 pasting, it's a decent day out & could tie it in with a trip to the lakes or a Settle -Carlisle or coastal train ride.

Carlisle please .

• Moderators

Never been to Carlisle so could be up for it if the timing is right 

But Stockport is on my door step and will be going no matter what 

And it would be nice to smash them with Sarcevic watching on 

So Stockport for me

38 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

I remember that 5-0 thrashing, it was a Tuesday night after Easter Monday iirc, I'd got my 1st Pringle the day before.

Me too.  4 down at H-T, Pop Robson hat-trick.  4th of 5 straight defeats and we still only went down on the last day.  About 4 or 500 of us there, I recall singing John McGovern's super white army for about 20 minutes non stop in the 2nd half, there was no anti-McGovern stuff and his job never seemed in danger.  If that was today there'd be all sorts of recriminations in the away end, it all seemed simpler then with virtually the same team picked every week.

1 hour ago, bolton va va said:

Carlisle or Stockport ??? For no big reason, I don't like Stockport much, no doubt tickets for there would be another fuck up & Sarcevic is a prick.......whereas I haven't been to Carlisle for many, many years, I think the last time was a midweek 0-5 pasting, it's a decent day out & could tie it in with a trip to the lakes or a Settle -Carlisle or coastal train ride.

Carlisle please .

Never been, so hoping for a trip to Cumberland next season.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Whitestar said:

I remember that 5-0 thrashing, it was a Tuesday night after Easter Monday iirc, I'd got my 1st Pringle the day before.

Went to that, we were on our way to Scotland. Pop Robson ripped us a new one from memory. I was only a nipper

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Saw us win at Carlisle in the 4th division iirc.

A right good day.

No recollection of the game at all but remembered the home thrashing. Just googled it, I was there and do remember it. Massive crash on the M6 near Preston caused a massive tailback to Charnock Richard. Plenty of Bolton fans turned back

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

No recollection of the game at all but remembered the home thrashing. Just googled it, I was there and do remember it. Massive crash on the M6 near Preston caused a massive tailback to Charnock Richard. Plenty of Bolton fans turned back

Was at Uni at the time and went on train from Lancaster.

Got there very early, and after seeing the snow at Penrith, checked with a copper on the platform if it was still on. No internet then!

Fair play to Patrick. The earlier shot where they claim it was handled on the line was an easier finish but it was straight at the defender whereas Patrick picked his spot and finished perfectly.

Just wonder how ET (if we get there) will play out for Carlisle with so many strikers on?