Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leigh's Lottery Winner's Straight In To Number One.

leigh white

2 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

They still come in Rope & Anchor some Sunday nights doing 'open mic' to help up and coming artists, a great bunch of folk they are 

Off topic I know but, started working in Atherton a couple of years ago, previously only having driven through knowing nowt round there really. Call in R&A for a post work pint or two sometimes now. Really like it, feels a proper boozer with good welcoming folk. 👍

1 hour ago, athywhite1958 said:

The lad on the left with the beard has a Bolton crest on his guitar

Known Rob since primary school, always been a Bolton fan and bumped in to him on Wembley Way after the PJT Final (after bumping in to him on a driveway in Atherton on the Friday night!)

The graft they’ve put in over the years is amazing and their back catalogue is genuinely superb. Had a feeling in the air at the Tyldesley church gig last week that it was all going to come together at last and they deserve every bit of success they can get.

Gutted the tour dates didn’t work out quite as well as planned, particularly as ordinarily it would have been perfect that their Oxford gig was the night before Oxford away only for that to be my wedding day! Already got our tickets for the Apollo in December though 👍 

23 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Known Rob since primary school, always been a Bolton fan and bumped in to him on Wembley Way after the PJT Final (after bumping in to him on a driveway in Atherton on the Friday night!)

The graft they’ve put in over the years is amazing and their back catalogue is genuinely superb. Had a feeling in the air at the Tyldesley church gig last week that it was all going to come together at last and they deserve every bit of success they can get.

Gutted the tour dates didn’t work out quite as well as planned, particularly as ordinarily it would have been perfect that their Oxford gig was the night before Oxford away only for that to be my wedding day! Already got our tickets for the Apollo in December though 👍 

My daughter went to watch them at Tyldesley Parish Church, she said it was a brilliant do

1 hour ago, boogs said:

Off topic I know but, started working in Atherton a couple of years ago, previously only having driven through knowing nowt round there really. Call in R&A for a post work pint or two sometimes now. Really like it, feels a proper boozer with good welcoming folk. 👍

The owner of the Rope has been a season ticket holder at Bolton for many many years, genuine nice bloke, had some tremendous nights in the Rope over the years, top pub, I don't get there as often now, Atherton is a very good night out nowadays, some great bars scattered around

7 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

The owner of the Rope has been a season ticket holder at Bolton for many many years, genuine nice bloke, had some tremendous nights in the Rope over the years, top pub, I don't get there as often now, Atherton is a very good night out nowadays, some great bars scattered around

Is that the fella that looks late 30's/early 40's ish, with tattoos down his arms?? 

I commented at the bar on one of my early visits that I had already decided I liked the place but even more so when I had just noticed the framed Wanderers shirt on the wall in the pool table room, it seemed to raise a smile from him. 

8 hours ago, boogs said:

Is that the fella that looks late 30's/early 40's ish, with tattoos down his arms?? 

I commented at the bar on one of my early visits that I had already decided I liked the place but even more so when I had just noticed the framed Wanderers shirt on the wall in the pool table room, it seemed to raise a smile from him. 

No that will be Broady the barman, Jeff doesn't have tattoo's

• 1 month later...