Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

liverpool twats

victor meldrew

14 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Think its Roger Hunt. THO explained in the dim and distant past. 

Cheers well remembered, not like Bolty to jump to conclusions though is it ?
For the record this moniker is about me making a c##t of myself when I shouted quite loudly from the Lever End that Hunt (Roger) should be subbed , seconds later he thumped the ball in the net & yes I got loads of ‘good natured’ abuse for months & even years after.Well deserved I suppose but my mates never let me forget it.

Think the match was Torquay in the FA cup.

14 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

For the record this moniker is about me making a c##t of myself when I shouted quite loudly from the Lever End that Hunt (Roger) should be subbed , seconds later he thumped the ball in the net & yes I got loads of ‘good natured’ abuse for months & even years after.Well deserved I suppose but my mates never let me forget it.

Think the match was Torquay in the FA cup.

Don't worry. He'll claim he was fishing.

Or better still his old favourite, 'the typo'.

• Members
17 hours ago, captainmed said:

Rampaging through Europe, emptying Lacoste stores & glorifying it.

Thieving bastards.

I meant the footballing side of things. The followers have always been well, scousers. My old man wanted to see the European Cup in the flesh so he and I went to Tommy Smiths testimonial just after they first won it in Rome.

Locals jibbing in (vaulting turnstiles etc.) all over the fucking place. I rest my case m'lud.

• Members
16 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Charming! Get used to it. It is my nature to be. Charming but sometimes offensive. 'Charm offensive" must have been penned for me ;) I was just pointing out that you weren't really in a position to call someone out for booing their own players, when if you were over here, you'd have booed our lads for taking the knee. No. You don't know this. My protest would have been turning my back. Positively Poznan.

Tbf though you probably wouldn't have. Correct.  For all the talk on here at the time, you never hear more than the odd muffled one.  Our players are still taking the knee before each game and getting warmly applauded for it.  There's a couple of blokes from Little Hulton in the North Lower, with a few teeth and fewer brain cells (yes, and he also claims to be a Liverpool supporter), that used to make a big show of turning their backs but even they've given up now.  I should have read your post further. Yes, precisely what I would be doing. Probably time to move on now :)

• Members
12 hours ago, Pablo said:

Tecnically they sung through it, rather thanm boo it.

Bit different imo, but your point still stands.

Yes, different. A different shade of disrespect but far better than that of that shower from the other side of Stanley Knife Park.

• Members
7 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

:D Quite right, it isn't. Now that it has been explained I take it back in totality.

I now think you're an even bigger spanner for criticising our World Cup winner. ;)

• Site Supporter

Spoke to an LFC loving mate about the booing last night. Apparently they’re blaming the government and the Royal Family for Hillsborough now.

Well, at least they’re moving up even if they aren’t moving on!

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Yes, different. A different shade of disrespect but far better than that of that shower from the other side of Stanley Knife Park.

And only one of those groups was actually full of scousers..

The mad thing is, street parties all over Liverpool this weekend for the coronation. Loads of bunting up and plenty of pubs with events on.

Its a mob mentality thing, ive seen a few comments that young fans at anfield just did it because the person next to them did it.

Scousers have not always bood the Anthem, its a new thing...attention seeking and trying to be as 'scouse as possible', or what they think, its bollocks.

Loads of scousers go watching England, quite a big well known Everton group go every England game.

Its such a an over-blown, attention seeking modern "like" begging act, imo.

They seem to think Torries = Monarchy.....they want to be outraged and angry.

42 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Spoke to an LFC loving mate about the booing last night. Apparently they’re blaming the government and the Royal Family for Hillsborough now.

Ive seen loads of younger twitter footbal fans go with Torries = Monarchy....and also throw the "so you agree with protecting nonces then" - to anyone who !

56 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Can understand the government bit. Really dont get the monarchy bit. 

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

:D Quite right, it isn't. Now that it has been explained I take it back in totality.

I now think you're an even bigger spanner for criticising our World Cup winner. ;)

Your right & plenty of reminders over the years , although in mitigation Sir Roger was having a stinker right up until that moment.

• Members
48 minutes ago, Pablo said:

And only one of those groups was actually full of scousers..

The mad thing is, street parties all over Liverpool this weekend for the coronation. Loads of bunting up and plenty of pubs with events on.

Its a mob mentality thing, ive seen a few comments that young fans at anfield just did it because the person next to them did it.

Scousers have not always bood the Anthem, its a new thing...attention seeking and trying to be as 'scouse as possible', or what they think, its bollocks.

Loads of scousers go watching England, quite a big well known Everton group go every England game.

Its such a an over-blown, attention seeking modern "like" begging act, imo.

They seem to think Torries = Monarchy.....they want to be outraged and angry.

All fair comments mate. The scousers (3 in the scooter club) I know down here were all at the Brit pubs celebrating.

As you say, mob mentality and also probably a little bit of wind up/attention seeking like the DMB's used to do with "Ar-gent-ina!".

• Members
10 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Your right & plenty of reminders over the years , although in mitigation Sir Roger was having a stinker right up until that moment.

Were you at his debut at Deepdale Road? I can still remember the "Sir Roger Hunt" banners. Is my memory playing tricks with me or did he score a hat trick? Could be confused as I definitely remember Franny Lee scoring a hat trick at Deepdale.

Franny back heeled the last one over the line after teasing the PNE defenders. It was on for a few minutes after that piss take!

52 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Were you at his debut at Deepdale Road? I can still remember the "Sir Roger Hunt" banners. Is my memory playing tricks with me or did he score a hat trick? Could be confused as I definitely remember Franny Lee scoring a hat trick at Deepdale.

Franny back heeled the last one over the line after teasing the PNE defenders. It was on for a few minutes after that piss take!

Franny Lee game was before the Roger Hunt debut. Can’t remember his name but it took about 10 coppers to eject one of our fans. The Hunt game was Boxing Day and we had more in their end with police surrounding Preston fans for their own protection- we won 4-1

11 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Franny Lee game was before the Roger Hunt debut. Can’t remember his name but it took about 10 coppers to eject one of our fans. The Hunt game was Boxing Day and we had more in their end with police surrounding Preston fans for their own protection- we won 4-1

Remember the fan ejection. He was stood near to me when he was hoisted out. He was more than a handful for the police. Didn’t know him but I think his name was Dennis and had red hair. 

2 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Remember the fan ejection. He was stood near to me when he was hoisted out. He was more than a handful for the police. Didn’t know him but I think his name was Dennis and had red hair. 

Think that was Denis Smith he liked to take on numbers , once rescued a few of us at Boro.

Saw him a good few years ago in WS upper.

Obviously quietened down a bit.

Franny Lee hatrick game was 1967 .Sir Rogers debut later either 69 or 70.

He didn’t score that day , & I for some reason wasn’t there.

• Members
13 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Yep, Big Dennis I think we knew him as. Jumped on the pitch behind the goal celebrating. Coppers came rushing over and the next thing there were helmets flying everywhere and he had one in a headlock and another pinned to the floor by a foot to the throat. Eventful day all round - we had that bouncy end rocking so hard that the edges of the roof seemed to be moving about a yard!

Yes, we were in their Kop (and everywhere else) for Sir Rogers debut. An absolute walkover both on the pitch and on the terraces.

1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Yes , nov 1968 (Byrom 2, Rimmer & Gareth Williams)

Hunt’s debut was 3-1 (Manning Byrom & Hurley) Boxing Day 1969.

Went to both of those. Coach from the  Church Inn garage L/H. I was the youngest on the bus😊