Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

liverpool twats

victor meldrew

• Members
5 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Feb 1967 , Lee 3 (1 pen) including the leaning on the post back heel at the Town End.

I remember going mental when Franny did that. The galling impudence of it - brilliant! In these wanky woke times he would no doubt be on some sort of charge for doing that - "bringing the game into disrepute" or "behaviour likely to incite violence". The cunts have driven away any real character from the game. Thank fuck BSA is back to inject some colour.

The only time I remember going as berserk as that was when Frankie scored that one at Ewood.

On 11/05/2023 at 01:14, bolty58 said:

Yep, Big Dennis I think we knew him as. Jumped on the pitch behind the goal celebrating. Coppers came rushing over and the next thing there were helmets flying everywhere and he had one in a headlock and another pinned to the floor by a foot to the throat. Eventful day all round - we had that bouncy end rocking so hard that the edges of the roof seemed to be moving about a yard!

Yes, we were in their Kop (and everywhere else) for Sir Rogers debut. An absolute walkover both on the pitch and on the terraces.

Is that Dennis smith from Daubhill/deane area? Would be in his early 70s now? 

29 minutes ago, royal white said:

Is that Dennis smith from Daubhill/deane area? Would be in his early 70s now? 

The Denis Smith I remember would be at least 75 years old & used to travel on the supporters club coaches , always wore a suit , even though he usually ended up in a scrap.This would be late sixties .

10 hours ago, FrancisFogarty said:

Just to be clear, now the singers have fucked off, is Liverpool back to being a shithole ?

To be fair. It’s not a shithole. Especially when compared to Bolton / Bury / other Manchester slums

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Big E said:

To be fair. It’s not a shithole. Especially when compared to Bolton / Bury / other Manchester slums

I agree. Liverpool City Centre/Albert Dock area is superb these days.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Big E said:

It's all comparative really. Perhaps I should have said 'a perceived shithole' I agree with you on Bolton and Bury (esp Bolton), and I can't comment on other Manchester 'slums'.

And I must admit I've had some great nights in Liverpool, most of which are a blur.