Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley (H) - Play-Off 1st Leg

Cheese

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Bolton took less than 25,000 to the club's only 3rd Division play off final to date.The crowd at Wembley was only 30,217

Our average home crowd is double what it was in 1990 and we still took about 23k. Every other Wembley game we have taken 25-30k so it is not unreasonable to expect to be at the top end of that again.

54 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Thought some sort of train timetable would be on even with strikes, fancy a few beers 

Looks like no trains at all so I’ll have to drive unless I can persuade SWMBO to do two 70 mile round trips. 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Yes absolutely tremendous I won’t lie was expecting more tomorrow 

We are only averaging about 13000 home fans who attend games at home, so selling about 18000 was expected.

South stand is now pay on day from ticket office only

30 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Got to do a few hours in work first. Going to drag like fuck. Honestly can’t see which way it will go. Ladbrokes boost gives you 21/20 on us getting to Wembley if anyone fancies making an investment (max £50, or at least it was for me)

Same mate, been out since 6. Keeps going out of my mind then bosh it comes back with a big wave of anxiety.

Its just football ffs.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Horwich said:

We are only averaging about 13000 home fans who attend games at home, so selling about 18000 was expected.

South stand is now pay on day from ticket office only

Said right from the off - 23k max for Bolton fans today - which would be a fine effort. It’s probably more likely going to be 21k - no shame in that, it stands up very well compared to our semis of the past.

It will certainly be enough to create a great atmosphere. One of the best home atmosphere’s I remember was V Charlton in the quarter final of the FA cup, just looked and that was 20,131.

Very excited for today - looking to get down and drinking from 1 in the sunshine.

COYFWM 👏

• Site Supporter

3 shits, butterflies, feel like I'm going for an interview.

Christ sake I'm 56! Even pondering which trainers to wear for luck...

Pub at 12 for some settlers.

COYWM please turn up today.