Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley (H) - Play-Off 1st Leg


Cheese

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
14 minutes ago, mattbwfc19 said:

There is only one set, you were right, just dunno how they did it but obviously can be done 

maybe it was a walk through

 

no way thats happening for a play off semi  :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, desperado said:

Completely agree

Although I think @Ani is arguing the opposite.

For me the only way my argument falls foul is if we ended up with home fans not being able to go to the home game because it’s a sell out with Barnsley having the south stand - but I don’t see this happening. 

The advantages of having 5k away Vs opposition having 5k at Reebok are IMO in our favour

- Better atmosphere 

- We’ve played well in front of big away followings before 

- More money

- Less fans pissed off as 5k away will be right for demand 

- We are not faced with empty seats when we could have filled them

- Having 5k away in the final eliminator, with everything riding on that 1 game, maximum jeopardy, final game (bar Wembley) would be a massive boost in the arm of our team

 

 

My point was that Bolton would not have made the decision in isolation. Sheff Weds restricted Sunderland last year so that is pretty much a given. Would Barnsley want a packed away end for the second leg ? 
 

I am sure we would have spoken to them and once they say we get limited tickets we would be daft not to do the same. Depends on how many you think we will sell at home. Personally with 2k away fans I think 25k is not unreasonable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Absolutely. Both clubs need the money and having a packed ground only builds the atmosphere in the games - which is what we all want in games of this magnitude anyway.

I think the receipts are shared between all semi finalists, after costs and EFL payment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Ani said:

My point was that Bolton would not have made the decision in isolation. Sheff Weds restricted Sunderland last year so that is pretty much a given. Would Barnsley want a packed away end for the second leg ? 
 

I am sure we would have spoken to them and once they say we get limited tickets we would be daft not to do the same. Depends on how many you think we will sell at home. Personally with 2k away fans I think 25k is not unreasonable. 

I agree with you about the decision making. And I alluded to the same point earlier in the discussion - I suspect there’s more to it and Bolton’s decision will be an informed one based on discussions with EFL and other clubs involved. 

25k would be great - I personally don’t think it’ll be that many, I hope it is. Even at 25k it’s 2k spare seats, which will be the same at Oakwell.

Its seems our difference in opinion (which is fine - it’s a debatable discussion) is that I think it’s wrong (especially away from home for us) that 2k fans will be there surrounded by empty seats. Football is a live spectator sport get as many in as you can! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, desperado said:

I agree with you about the decision making. And I alluded to the same point earlier in the discussion - I suspect there’s more to it and Bolton’s decision will be an informed one based on discussions with EFL and other clubs involved. 

25k would be great - I personally don’t think it’ll be that many, I hope it is. Even at 25k it’s 2k spare seats, which will be the same at Oakwell.

Its seems our difference in opinion (which is fine - it’s a debatable discussion) is that I think it’s wrong (especially away from home for us) that 2k fans will be there surrounded by empty seats. Football is a live spectator sport get as many in as you can! 

Think the away end actually hold about 6000, but is reduced to just under 5000 for segregation from what I've read.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, desperado said:

Its seems our difference in opinion (which is fine - it’s a debatable discussion) is that I think it’s wrong (especially away from home for us) that 2k fans will be there surrounded by empty seats. Football is a live spectator sport get as many in as you can! 

For a non play-off you are right, pretty non debate-able, get them in. 
But in a play off clubs will want any advantage they can get, no matter how small. So once the EFL have allowed teams to restrict to 2k there will be very few clubs that do not stick to it. 
 

Let's hope we get behind the team , apparently sold 18k already, and kill game off at home. Although even in the 3-0 game at theirs thought Barnsley looked a very good team so doubt that will happen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Ani said:

For a non play-off you are right, pretty non debate-able, get them in. 
But in a play off clubs will want any advantage they can get, no matter how small. So once the EFL have allowed teams to restrict to 2k there will be very few clubs that do not stick to it. 
 

Let's hope we get behind the team , apparently sold 18k already, and kill game off at home. Although even in the 3-0 game at theirs thought Barnsley looked a very good team so doubt that will happen 

Good post 👍

Part of me hopes my argument falls on its arse because if we sell our home end including South Lower the 2k away allocation is completely justified.

As you can probably tell I’m just very nervous about missing out on an away ticket! 5k would keep most happy and meet necessary demand. If I do miss out and then see empty seats next to our 2k away allocation, its going to make me very upset! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, desperado said:

Good post 👍

Part of me hopes my argument falls on its arse because if we sell our home end including South Lower the 2k away allocation is completely justified.

As you can probably tell I’m just very nervous about missing out on an away ticket! 5k would keep most happy and meet necessary demand. If I do miss out and then see empty seats next to our 2k away allocation, its going to make me very upset! 

You and me both mate

my lad is already going on about it I’m trying to play it down in case we miss out 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

Good post 👍

Part of me hopes my argument falls on its arse because if we sell our home end including South Lower the 2k away allocation is completely justified.

As you can probably tell I’m just very nervous about missing out on an away ticket! 5k would keep most happy and meet necessary demand. If I do miss out and then see empty seats next to our 2k away allocation, its going to make me very upset! 

I am in the same boat on away tickets, my lad at 24 never been to a play off game. Mate we go with has 2 younger lads so same for them. 
Have missed out on every scramble so far this year so am expecting to be watching on telly, getting a ticket will be a bonus. 
My argument is based purely on what any club will do to get an advantage, morally is bollocks, same rules as cup should apply a given % whenever possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

You and me both mate

my lad is already going on about it I’m trying to play it down in case we miss out 

Id more pissed off less than 1k will actually make it to sale.

Players, bummer clubs and supporters clubs shouldn't be get of these.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Id more pissed off less than 1k will actually make it to sale.

Players, bummer clubs and supporters clubs shouldn't be get of these.

Would if Sharon's lads will get tickets ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, victor meldrew said:

I’ve not been to the last 4 away games due holidays and other stuff. Therefore I won’t be applying for an away ticket as I don’t think it’s the right thing to do.

Emotion Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

I’ve not been to the last 4 away games due holidays and other stuff. Therefore I won’t be applying for an away ticket as I don’t think it’s the right thing to do.

Very noble..but your ticket is just as likely to go to someone has not done an away all season as it is to a Marc05 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My client reference (therefore me) has done every away this year and home. You don’t hear me going on about it. Plus Neil saying he’d drop my ticket at my house for the away game essa nice touch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, tomski said:

My client reference (therefore me) has done every away this year and home. You don’t hear me going on about it. Plus Neil saying he’d drop my ticket at my house for the away game essa nice touch.

Harty has just left after dropping off 4 Barnsley away tickets off; made him a cuppa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.