Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Name’s Bond

globaldiver

• Members
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Are they counting shows of interest as shows of certain investment? This’ll end up like showing an interest in the Supporters Trust being counted as being a member of that group.

Dunno Micky just saw it on this tweet

Maguire covered the bond in his POF podcast this week.  He said it was an unsecured loan with the associated risk for investors but with a good return for individuals.  Bolton were now a well run club and similar Tifosy Bonds for Norwich and QPR had been repaid on time.  Peterborough's could be a bit more problematical as the company which owns the ground (not the club) has gone into admin, making things messy.

For the club it is a cheap(er) form of finance at 8.5%, he said WBA were currently paying 14% for a loan from Macquarie I think.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

I don't understand where the 8.5% interest payout comes from. Can anyone explain?

I don’t have inside knowledge but I think borrowing money from supporters is preferable to borrowing money with sky high interest rates from finance Companies. Which involves penalty clauses as well for late payments.

NH has said they’ll use some of the money to invest in the playing squad, with the hope of promotion which will mean a lot more income, if it happens. He’s also said on the video, they’ll spend it on advertising in the middle ribbon, so I assume between the upper and lower tiers, so more income.

Also, they’re updating the corporate suites, to keep existing customers happy but attract new business and grow that side of the revenue stream.

if all that isn’t the success they think it’ll be, then the directors will take it on the chin and pay up, I’d expect.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

I don’t have inside knowledge but I think borrowing money from supporters is preferable to borrowing money with sky high interest rates from finance Companies. Which involves penalty clauses as well for late payments.

NH has said they’ll use some of the money to invest in the playing squad, with the hope of promotion which will mean a lot more income, if it happens. He’s also said on the video, they’ll spend it on advertising in the middle ribbon, so I assume between the upper and lower tiers, so more income.

Also, they’re updating the corporate suites, to keep existing customers happy but attract new business and grow that side of the revenue stream.

if all that isn’t the success they think it’ll be, then the directors will take it on the chin and pay up, I’d expect.

Cheers. That makes sense.

8 minutes ago, Popeye doyle said:

Also a bit of a surprise a new screen. Does that mean replacing the exsisting one with one the right way round or an additional one.

I would think they’re ripping the existing out. When the stadium opened we used to have a big screen, then for whatever reason they replaced with the current small screen. Fuck knows why?

One thing that surprised on his video update. We have a 1000 people on match days using the corporate suites and boxes. We really are getting our act together.