Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Name’s Bond

globaldiver

If we hit 5 million that’s 2.12 million in interest over 5 years, the gamble the owners are making is that we get promoted which will easily pay off the interest and the 10% promotion bonus.  They’ll be long faces in the boardroom if we don’t get promoted and it has to come out of the owners pockets. 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If we hit 5 million that’s 2.12 million in interest over 5 years, the gamble the owners are making is that we get promoted which will easily pay off the interest and the 10% promotion bonus.  They’ll be long faces in the boardroom if we don’t get promoted and it has to come out of the owners pockets. 

Unless we go bang

1 hour ago, Popeye doyle said:

I would think they’re ripping the existing out. When the stadium opened we used to have a big screen, then for whatever reason they replaced with the current small screen. Fuck knows why?

One thing that surprised on his video update. We have a 1000 people on match days using the corporate suites and boxes. We really are getting our act together.

Do those 1000 count towards the gate on matchday I wonder? No reason for asking other than curiosity.

3 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

I would think they’re ripping the existing out. When the stadium opened we used to have a big screen, then for whatever reason they replaced with the current small screen. Fuck knows why?

One thing that surprised on his video update. We have a 1000 people on match days using the corporate suites and boxes. We really are getting our act together.

Rok mobile funded it then went bust. Something to do with whatever they were supposed to be.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Cheese said:

I don't understand where the 8.5% interest payout comes from. Can anyone explain?

If you gave me £1000 and I paid for £1000 pounds worth of football shirts at, conservatively, £25 each it’d buy you 40 shirts. Each shirt retails at (for ease of maths) £50 so 100% profit. Taxman wants 40% leaving plenty enough to give you your 8% and still keep a healthy, albeit reduced by your cut, profit…

I think.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

If you gave me £1000 and I paid for £1000 pounds worth of football shirts at, conservatively, £25 each it’d buy you 40 shirts. Each shirt retails at (for ease of maths) £50 so 100% profit. Taxman wants 40% leaving plenty enough to give you your 8% and still keep a healthy, albeit reduced by your cut, profit…

I think.

Starting to get it now. Thanks 👍

32 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

what if tifosy go bang?

It’s possible they could go bust, They’re covered or rather investors are covered by the fscs (Financial services compensation scheme) by investing with Tifosy.

I would think it’ll be a royal pain in the ass attempting to get your cash back through the fscs. But there’s risk in most investment really, Northern Rock back in 2008, Royal bank of Scotland had to be bailed out by the Govt. The recent turmoil of USA banks etc.

2 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

It’s possible they could go bust, They’re covered or rather investors are covered by the fscs (Financial services compensation scheme) by investing with Tifosy.

I would think it’ll be a royal pain in the ass attempting to get your cash back through the fscs. But there’s risk in most investment really, Northern Rock back in 2008, Royal bank of Scotland had to be bailed out by the Govt. The recent turmoil of USA banks etc.

Bolton Bonds aren’t protected by FSCS. 

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Popeye doyle said:

https://www.tifosy.com/en/raises/invest-in-the-wanderers-bond

Is my investment protected by a compensation scheme?

+

No. An investment in the Wanderers Bond is not protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme or any other such scheme or service, including the Financial Ombudsman Service. All obligations arising out of or in connection with the Wanderers Bond will be the sole responsibility of the Issuer. If the Issuer goes out of business or becomes insolvent, you may lose some or all of your investment in the Wanderers Bond.

28 minutes ago, Cheese said:

https://www.tifosy.com/en/raises/invest-in-the-wanderers-bond

Is my investment protected by a compensation scheme?

+

No. An investment in the Wanderers Bond is not protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme or any other such scheme or service, including the Financial Ombudsman Service. All obligations arising out of or in connection with the Wanderers Bond will be the sole responsibility of the Issuer. If the Issuer goes out of business or becomes insolvent, you may lose some or all of your investment in the Wanderers Bond.

If Bolton go bust, you’re not covered. I was answering the question of

”What if Tifosy go bust”

Then I think you are covered by the fscs. Unless others know different.

10 minutes ago, Flannel Truscott said:

Tifosy are only administering it. FSCS still won't apply as they won't have your cash but they administer as approved by the FCA who would step in if they went bust. 

It needs an approved firm to manage to make sure it's compliant. 

Reet, that answers my question I guess then - so the risk all falls on whether just the club itself goes into admin (not necessarily goes under completely, but you'd be screwed under admin?).

25 minutes ago, Flannel Truscott said:

Tifosy are only administering it. FSCS still won't apply as they won't have your cash but they administer as approved by the FCA who would step in if they went bust. 

It needs an approved firm to manage to make sure it's compliant. 

I know. Tifosy will be holding the money for a short time whilst the administration gets done. My money is being transferred to them not to Bolton, as everyone else’s money is. Once details of applicants, money received and tallied etc is complete, then it will be handed over to Bolton.