Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Name’s Bond

globaldiver

My money is with Tifosy and although I have email confirmation they are not responding to information request’s regarding how and when the benefits come into place and when the bond actually commenced.

probably things will happen when all the money is transferred to BWFC

1 hour ago, Popeye doyle said:

I know. Tifosy will be holding the money for a short time whilst the administration gets done. My money is being transferred to them not to Bolton, as everyone else’s money is. Once details of applicants, money received and tallied etc is complete, then it will be handed over to Bolton. 

Yes good point there was a minimum raise wasn't there. So once all completed it goes to bwfc. 

Money will be in a client account and separate to their operating account. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

My money is with Tifosy and although I have email confirmation they are not responding to information request’s regarding how and when the benefits come into place and when the bond actually commenced.

probably things will happen when all the money is transferred to BWFC

Are those questions not all answered in the 'FAQ' section?

https://www.tifosy.com/en/raises/invest-in-the-wanderers-bond

On 31/05/2023 at 18:29, paulhanley said:

Do those 1000 count towards the gate on matchday I wonder? No reason for asking other than curiosity.

On 31/05/2023 at 18:36, Mounts Kipper said:

Yes. 

And if we season ticket holders upgrade to corporate for a match, do we get counted twice?!

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Not sure what your asking; I deposited the day of Barnsley away and heard nothing since but this is the last week so I assume we will hear early next week 

It is not present ondashboard of website

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

The Board's great touch continues. Borrowing £5m at 8.5% when bank loans and other corporate borrowing will be heading towards 20%. 

Might be being simplistic but now I just see that we owe a minimum of £5.425m that we didn’t.

I understand how loans work etc. just not sure I see it as great news.

55 minutes ago, tomski said:

Might be being simplistic but now I just see that we owe a minimum of £5.425m that we didn’t.

I understand how loans work etc. just not sure I see it as great news.

Well on the basis we are not running a profit anytime soon, options for debt to fund the business are the owners come up with more cash, we get new shareholders, we borrow the money from a bank - think Macquerie have cornered the footy market as Barclays et al won't lend to clubs - at 15% or issue a corporate bond to fans at 8.5% pa.

Think that's good business but of course ideally we don't want debt at all.

• Site Supporter

Perhaps this money is an "extra" bolted onto the main business plan.

Intended to help to get where we want to be that bit quicker, without breaking the bank so to speak.

A bit of risk, but we have to trust that FV have it covered with their projections. 

Especially if it improves corporate stuff to boost matchday revenues for example- getting this done sooner maybe increases the income stream sooner.

Like anything, time will tell.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Well on the basis we are not running a profit anytime soon, options for debt to fund the business are the owners come up with more cash, we get new shareholders, we borrow the money from a bank - think Macquerie have cornered the footy market as Barclays et al won't lend to clubs - at 15% or issue a corporate bond to fans at 8.5% pa.

Think that's good business but of course ideally we don't want debt at all.

Tomski likes this (sorry run out of likes)

49 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Snap.

I hadn't realised they could be traded, can list them for sale or look to buy more - will be interesting to see if prices go up or down...

I’m sure their value will go up if promotion is looking likely.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Snap.

I hadn't realised they could be traded, can list them for sale or look to buy more - will be interesting to see if prices go up or down...

59 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I’m sure their value will go up if promotion is looking likely.

You can only sell to another Tifosy investor.  They'll be more like gilts and other corporate bonds than shares.  It's a loan to BWFC, the only additional capital return beyond your interest payment is the promotion bonus. Otherwise you're repaid at par in 5 years time.  Not sure why anyone would pay over the odds, but there might be distress sellers who need their capital back.

Edited by TrickyTrotter

• Site Supporter
On 16/05/2023 at 17:45, kobeer said:

Highlight for me is we're getting a new big screen out of it, hopefully a landscape one.

2 screens. Replacing the one in South-East corner, and installing another in North-West corner. Described as "Superwide", so I'm assuming they're landscape.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2023/july/wanderers-choose-adi-for-stadium-wide-digital-transformation/

With an ambition to elevate the matchday experience for fans and drive more commercial revenue streams, Wanderers’ existing scoreboard will be replaced with two new 10mm Superwide LED screens in the South East and North West corners, as well as a 360 degree mid-tier LED ribbon and a 4 sided camera-facing digiBOARD perimeter system.

Edited by Cheese