Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley away 2nd leg

HomerJay

Doesn’t matter if you’re fighting for survival or challenging at the top, you need a plan B. We didn’t have one. 1 shot on target over 2 games is fkin woeful. You could see after 10 mis today they knew how to stop us and we did nothing. Yes I’m pissed off but it’s been a cracking season, I feel next year will be a lot harder though, no Traff, no CB,  anyway let’s see what happens. 

All Salford tomorrow aren’t we 

Having read all the during and post match comments, nobody has called out how shite Johnstone was, yet again, in defending the cross that came in and lead to the goal.

He must be THE worst centre half we have ever had for heading ability.

Just in case you missed it, he never even attempted to jump in the air to try and stop the ball reaching the head of the geezer who scored.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, we'll be better next season, auto promotion - especially if GJ learns to head a ball!

Edited by JOGLER

1 hour ago, true white said:

Take it on chin. Frustrating as fook tonight but the whites are improving every year under Evert. Easy to criticise tonight but what the fook do you gain. Clear out over summer and get some decent replacement in. In Evert we trust. Coywm. 

About where I'm at. Pissed off with tonights weak performance but ultimately I'd have taken this last August.

2 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

This is absolute shite what the fuck are they doing. Sorry but this pissing about at the back drawing Barnsley onto us is just creating problems we can easily avoid.

Pre-match Evatt couldn't do anything wrong, you trusted him to make the right decisions, we were getting promoted, that's a quick turnaround!  Not sure what you were expecting, but your pre-match stuff was too optimistic to say the least, and then it becomes way over the top criticism.  We played like we play, no better, no worse.

9 minutes ago, royal white said:

Doesn’t matter if you’re fighting for survival or challenging at the top, you need a plan B. We didn’t have one. 1 shot on target over 2 games is fkin woeful. You could see after 10 mis today they knew how to stop us and we did nothing. Yes I’m pissed off but it’s been a cracking season, I feel next year will be a lot harder though, no Traff, no CB,  anyway let’s see what happens. 

All Salford tomorrow aren’t we 

This was it. Deep down we all knew there was no plan b from leg 1.

Big ask to reset so much of that squad then push for automatics.

But

in Evatt trust

5 minutes ago, JOGLER said:

Having read all the during and post match comments, nobody has called out how shite Johnstone was, yet again, in defending the cross that came in and lead to the goal.

He must be THE worst centre half we have ever had for heading ability.

Just in case you missed it, he never even attempted to jump in the air to try and stop the ball reaching the head of the geezer who scored.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, we'll be better next season, auto promotion - especially if GJ learns to head a ball!

Weak as piss in the air. 

He posts pictures of himself kissing his cat on Instagram. Ged Taggart 2.0 he is not!

6 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Weak as piss in the air. 

He posts pictures of himself kissing his cat on Instagram. Ged Taggart 2.0 he is not!

Taller centre half beats shorter centre half in the air shocker. 

Johnston has been one of our better players this year. There's a reason Stoke had serious interest. 

Can we at least direct the vitriol to the proper shit cunts like Thomasson 

2 hours ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Watching the goal again is painful. How much space did they gift them, just a straight line sitting on the edge of our box 

Both goals they scored against us in the 2 games were when we defended like this.  I feel like we've become more negative defensively in these games, and its not helping.  So easy for Barnsley to create shooting/crossing opportunities.  But the stats say just pack the penalty box to have the best chance of not conceding, I'll take some convincing. 

28 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Nonsense. We have players with bags of character, Jones, Dempsey, Toal and Bradley to name a few. Otherwise, great post 🙈

Maybe characters the wrong word then Farelli, I mean we lack anybody with leadership. I just think we lack somebody on the pitch who can dictate things, encourage and gee up players. Nobody seems to do that it’s all too polite. I just don’t think IE seems to like that kind of player, maybe he feels a bit threatened by it? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Whitesince63 said:

Maybe characters the wrong word then Farelli, I mean we lack anybody with leadership. I just think we lack somebody on the pitch who can dictate things, encourage and gee up players. Nobody seems to do that it’s all too polite. I just don’t think IE seems to like that kind of player, maybe he feels a bit threatened by it? 

One man who’d do the job

EF2D0AEE-CCEC-4BE8-A5C3-6AE5E8DAC1C8.jpeg

25 minutes ago, burnden said:

I think this is a very well spoken interview from Ian, with great perspective and taking the emotion out of it.

We came from league 2 just 2 seasons ago with a completely reborn club and squad, which since then has progressed each year.

The fact we've completed with the teams around us who have all been in the championship more recently has been great. And still, having seen some of the 'best' teams in the league, they're actually quite poor footballing sides.

Like Ian said, we're playing the longer game, not rushing in overspending, building the club back up and playing a style that has the foundations to take us forward.

Barnsley will struggle playing like that in championship games against teams that will dominate the possession but with much better footballers than ours currently.

I have complete faith in Evatt, he's shown no reason to doubt the progress we've made thus far.

Playing horrible nasty football is to an extent what it takes to get you out this division, but once you're on the championship you get found out. It happened to us under parky. 

Edited by Lostock Whites

15 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Pre-match Evatt couldn't do anything wrong, you trusted him to make the right decisions, we were getting promoted, that's a quick turnaround!  Not sure what you were expecting, but your pre-match stuff was too optimistic to say the least, and then it becomes way over the top criticism.  We played like we play, no better, no worse.

I criticised the players not Evatt as I didn’t actually know he’d been on the pitch. I thought we’d win, I was happy with the team he picked but the players were shite tonight, including the subs. That’s not Evatt’s fault is it?

1 minute ago, Lostock Whites said:

I think this is a very well spoken interview from Ian, with great perspective and taking the emotion of it.

We came from league 2 just 2 seasons ago with a completely reborn club and squad, which since then has progressed each year.

The fact we've completed with the teams around us who have all been in the championship more recently has been great. And still, having seen some of the 'best' teams in the league, they're actually quite poor footballing sides.

Like Ian said, we're playing the longer game, not rushing in overspending, building the club back up and playing a style that has the foundations to take us forward.

Barnsley will struggle playing like that in championship games against teams that will dominate the possession but with much better footballers than ours currently.

I have complete faith in Evatt, he's shown no reason to doubt the progress we've made thus far.

Playing horrible nasty football is to an extent what it takes to get you out this division, but once you're on the championship you get found out. It happened to us under parky. 

Well said quite agree, on to next season.

1 minute ago, Lostock Whites said:

I think this is a very well spoken interview from Ian, with great perspective and taking the emotion of it.

I hope (barnsleh) they go up and then we don't have to play them again for 2 years