Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Retain/Release?

TrickyTrotter

56 minutes ago, Traf said:

Victor Adeboyejo had the fourth best shots to goals ratio in our league last season of all players scoring 10 or more.

They must have included when a ball is played to him it then bounces off him in the direction of the goals   

I don't think that's a surprising stat about Victor, he must have averaged less than 1 shot per game for us. 

He was shit in quite an unusual way in that he didn't do a huge amount wrong, other than be totally anonymous and never look remotely like scoring. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

I don't think that's a surprising stat about Victor, he must have averaged less than 1 shot per game for us. 

He was shit in quite an unusual way in that he didn't do a huge amount wrong, other than be totally anonymous and never look remotely like scoring. 

Itd be great to understand how hes getting on with it

Yknow, his thoughts

Are expectations getting him down

Is burton his type of place...big fish, tiny club

Did evatt expect more

I d love to know

I still think we are a bit lightweight for this division , what we need is a mad cunt in the midfield . A Chic Charnley that could play or a Stif Tofting . Someone to make the opposition midfield think "oh Fuck, its him" 

Can we sign the Hanson Triplets ? 

I also think we will go back in for Nlundulu , feel sure I read that part of the loan was an option to take him in the summer. 

Think DJ is our better LWB rather than Iredale and R Williams . 

And can we not go back in for Kioso and Fossey ? 

The Jerome thing reminds me of signing Robbie Blake , bit part player to get him on board as a coach/extra voice in the dressing room. 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

But he was shit ... don't you remember ??

Hes was fucking ace. The medical staff just didnt think he could pull off a full season and Bradley was already coming in.

• Site Supporter
On 24/05/2023 at 06:48, Ros Coe said:

Sad to see Kieran Lee go, we always looked better with Lee in the team than without him..

Same, he was a class act. Different of quality. 

16 hours ago, Mantra said:

If Dion can score 20 goals in a possession team which isn’t really playing to his “run in behind” strengths, imagine how many he could get playing for a fast build up, counter attacking side…

Having said that, he could’ve had 30 goals for us, some of the chances he’s missed this season were sitters

He gets iimself into the positions though, that's why he got the 20. If he'd have scored 30 he wouldn't be with us now.

13 hours ago, Cheese said:

Got a feeling Vic will come good next season. Foolish to write off a January Evatt signing. Dempsey was "shite" 6 months ago - now arguably our best player.

Same thoughts, when I first saw Santos I said he couldn't trap a bag of cement. Evatt knows his onions and to gamble 500k he must know something or have something in mind for him this season. 

10 hours ago, Traf said:

Maybe, if Victor has a good goals to shots ratio, we just didn’t create enough opportunities for him?

He doesn’t hold the ball up or offering blistering pace though so it’s gonna be tough to create the chances. What were his stats with us ? 

12 hours ago, Traf said:

Maybe, if Victor has a good goals to shots ratio, we just didn’t create enough opportunities for him?

Maybe. The fact he's scored 12 in 138 games in the EFL outside of his time at Burton suggests he's probably not Ivan Klasnic in front of goal. But we live in hope.

17 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

With regards Dan there’s nothing there myself to warrant another loan period, we need to improve in that area not stay the same

Spot on we are stuck with Vic we need somebody better Stockton for me .

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Spot on we are stuck with Vic we need somebody better Stockton for me .

Don't understand this lingering desire for Stockton. He scored less than Adeboyejo this season.