Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool

paulhanley

Unlike last season our Lancashire derbies in 23/4 will carry a little more significance.

We're all looking forward to the chance to set thing straight with them Wigan cunts next season. 

Older fans will also be looking forward to our other main local derby - our old friends the donkey lashers from Bloomfield Road. Their Bolton obsession clearly continues unabated. Mention BWFC to a Blackpool fan and it's a guarantee they'll become animated. Surveys of rivalries consistently rank us as their 2nd most hated team behind PNE. This thread from their forum sums it up.

Bolton | AVFTT

I'll be looking forward to our fixtures v them and hoping we win at Gloomfield for the first time since Xmas 1977.   Bring em on. 

13 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Unlike last season our Lancashire derbies in 23/4 will carry a little more significance.

We're all looking forward to the chance to set thing straight with them Wigan cunts next season. 

Older fans will also be looking forward to our other main local derby - our old friends the donkey lashers from Bloomfield Road. Their Bolton obsession clearly continues unabated. Mention BWFC to a Blackpool fan and it's a guarantee they'll become animated. Surveys of rivalries consistently rank us as their 2nd most hated team behind PNE. This thread from their forum sums it up.

Bolton | AVFTT

I'll be looking forward to our fixtures v them and hoping we win at Gloomfield for the first time since Xmas 1977.   Bring em on. 

Seems to be a couple of sensible Blackpool fans on that. A first in my lifetime.

3 hours ago, tomski said:

Seems to be a couple of sensible Blackpool fans on that. A first in my lifetime.

Like this one maybe?

Bolton can go shite.

Or this one perhaps?

Growing unrest amongst fans over Evo, we should hang fire on our appointment.

Or this one?

Fuck Bolton and everything and everyone connected to them. I've got a long memory.

1 minute ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Like this one maybe?

Bolton can go shite.

Or this one perhaps?

Growing unrest amongst fans over Evo, we should hang fire on our appointment.

Or this one?

Fuck Bolton and everything and everyone connected to them. I've got a long memory.

Hence saying a couple of them not all of them.

19 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I think if they had murdered one of ours the hatred would be just as intense. 

Seems very confected if that's the case. Hatred over something that happened 50 years ago to someone virtually none of their fans (or ours) knew.

1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

Seems very confected if that's the case. Hatred over something that happened 50 years ago to someone virtually none of their fans (or ours) knew.

The cover-up, lack of remorse or acknowledgement plays a major role in their angst.

49 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The cover-up, lack of remorse or acknowledgement plays a major role in their angst.

Cover up? Really? Jimmy Armfield apologised on behalf of the club that night didn't he? 

Blackpool was my first ever away game, about 1976/77. We lost 0-1. I've been there for several league games since plus league cup, sherpa van, fa Cup and even pre season friendlies. We've not won any of em. 

4 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Cover up? Really? Jimmy Armfield apologised on behalf of the club that night didn't he? 

Blackpool was my first ever away game, about 1976/77. We lost 0-1. I've been there for several league games since plus league cup, sherpa van, fa Cup and even pre season friendlies. We've not won any of em. 

Same here never seen us win !

55 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Me too, seen pre-season, FA Cup, Sherpa Van, league games, never won but not seen many defeats, a lot of scoring draws, and surges on packed terraces.  

Sherpa Van one of best memories of any away game I've been to, Norpigs everywhere.

2 hours ago, Barnstoneworth White said:

I remember it because I was watching the World of Sport and Dickie Davies announced it on live TV that there'd been a fatality at the game.  Very sad.

I was there that day. Horrible experience. For many reasons. 

I seem to remember that we played Blackpool in what was billed as the first football league game to be broadcast live,it was on a Friday night and we won 1-0 I think ……..I think I’m right but stand to,be corrected