Trying to walk in he ball in
Talks about managing in the premier league when we just want to get out of L1
Stubborn
LB issue
squad has regressed since last summer
Big game management (outside of Sherpa van final)poor
1 shot on target in 2 games in our biggest for years

strange signings

Im incredibly undecided on him. It’s everything I wanted but something niggles at me it’s not right.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Good manager but in his own mind thinks he's Pep, he needs to realise that he's a newish manager and still learning, but needs to realise the mistakes he makes need righting, he will be brilliant some day, just not right now, keep him though.

Have you spoken to a scientist about this mind-reading ability you possess? You'd make a fortune.

I like him on the whole. I'd agree that we look tactically rigid sometimes but I think he's on the cusp of working that out and doing something about it for next season. 

Having a team, manager, management team, board and fanbase all in alignment is a hard thing to achieve and we're pretty much there right now. We need to stick with him and support him. It's been consistent improvement in each of his three years. If he maintains that there's every chance that 25/6 season will be a Championship season.

• Site Supporter

Agree with your ’s. Ones to add for me:

He’s passionate  

He’s intelligent  

He’s media savvy

He’s committed

He uses data/science/intelligence to inform his coaching/management

He’s appointed a good back room team who support and compliment his beliefs

He gets what BWFC is all about - the fans, history, community

His win record is up there with the best BWFC managers

He’s relentless in his pursuit of success and progress  

He’s ambitious and in the short/medium term wants to achieve his goals to manage at a higher level with BWFC

He gets under the skin of opposition fans

Fantastic relationship with Sharon and the board

He’s young and still learning

But with this comes inexperience to deal with certain situations   

With this comes a lack of variation to to score goals/win games

Both of which he can/is getting better at.

Right man, right time for me. 

Hope and believe he will take us to the championship - 3 promotions. First BWFC manager to mange us in 3 divisions. 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

No mind reader, but have this certain ability to spot pedants, and nit pickers, people with no real agenda, but like to think they have.

You literally claimed to know what is going on in his mind.

Done a good job and each year has seen progression can’t ask for more

My negatives would be his early rotation not knowing his best 11 took until December to find a settled side, great against mid table sides but struggle against bottom clubs

Signings on the whole have been ok stand outs santos, Dempsey, Morley & johnston but poor ones in goalkeepers (traf aside) & some of his attacking players 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

It was a figure of speech, but then you knew that, but the pedant in you couldn't help itself.

Now you're reading my mind too! Some talent you've got.

This is my two pence worth, considering we were a basket case when he arrived, hardly any money spent on transfer fees we are a head of schedule. He’s a young manager still learning his trade , out of the top six clubs/managers in this league he’s had the most difficult task of getting us there, the other five either coming down from the championship or being established in league one, all three seasons we have improved and last seasons talking point was we were leaking to many goals, this has been addressed. He does need to come up with a plan b next season and that is a concern that we have been bullied on occasion over the last two seasons, hopefully pre season recruitment will go some way to solving it. January transfer window didn’t work out, the reason may be he thought all the players he brought in would hit the ground running and therefore wouldn’t need to get match fit, get the feeling he enjoys the coaching of players so victor may improve. He lives and breathes Bolton wanderers what’s not to like.

1 minute ago, tomski said:

Talking about managing in the premier league etc. In any other line of work talking like that would be seen as daft. 

Every manager comes out with sounbites like that.

Hes driven, hes confident and knows hes in a big job at a big football club for this level.

Rather that than some wet blanket.

Ego and drive is what brings success.

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Struggling with this mate. May I ask why you think this?

Just answered Cheese as I saw this first. He defo has a whiff of arrogance that isn’t greatly backed up by performance. When we get things wrong it’s never his fault. 

Just now, gonzo said:

Every manager comes out with sounbites like that.

Hes driven, hes confident and knows hes in a big job at a big football club for this level.

Rather that than some wet blanket.

Ego and drive is what brings success.

Dougie used to do it. Thinking he knew better. Agree plenty who back up as well as examples. Think it’s fair to question though.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Talking about managing in the premier league etc. In any other line of work talking like that would be seen as daft. 

All he's said is he thinks we belong in the Premier League, and he wants to take us there. What's the "etc."?