Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Where to take my nana for lunch?

Traf

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Traf said:

Had a chat with her, she chose Bradley Fold Garden Centre of all places, because apparently "they do a lovely afternoon tea"

And indeed they did. And at £10/head, my pocket loved her choice 😉

You don't get to 101 by being daft.

58 minutes ago, Traf said:

Had a chat with her, she chose Bradley Fold Garden Centre of all places, because apparently "they do a lovely afternoon tea"

Sounds ace….seems a thing, garden centres doing decent food.

My mother-in-law used to work at this one, she always spoke highly of it.

heaton garden centre supposed to be great too…but not been yet.

1 hour ago, Traf said:

My Dad and step-Mum live close by. They often go there for a Saturday morning full English.

• 2 months later...

Well, not my nana, but me and my Doris are coming up to Bolton on a flyer this weekend. Everything sorted bar Saturday lunch when we arrive. Any suggestions for a decent pub lunch, ladies and gents? I’m contemplating Blundell Arms, Fanny’s or The Chetham Arms. All used to be decent, but I’ve not eaten in them for years. Can you recommend them or similar places please? Many thanks. 

Edited by Zulu

35 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Well, not my nana, but me and my Doris are coming up to Bolton on a flyer this weekend. Everything sorted bar Saturday lunch when we arrive. Any suggestions for a decent pub lunch, ladies and gents? I’m contemplating Blundell Arms, Fanny’s or The Chetham Arms. All used to be decent, but I’ve not eaten in them for years. Can you recommend them or similar places please? Many thanks. 

Bob Smithys is much much better than Blundell up that way, you will need to book in though.

Retreat is decent on Chorley new road, but a more 'flash n fancy' over the quality, but they have really nice outdoor seating areas now, worth it for that.

7 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Bob Smithys is much much better than Blundell up that way, you will need to book in though.

Retreat is decent on Chorley new road, but a more 'flash n fancy' over the quality, but they have really nice outdoor seating areas now, worth it for that.

Thanks Pablo. I've just looked at the Bob's Smithy menu. Looks decent. I'll run it past Mission Control this evening and then see if we can get a reservation.

On 29/05/2023 at 21:37, royal white said:

Or RHS. It’s free on a Tuesday for those with a Manc postcode which I’m sure me or LH could provide for you 

Is it? Interesting!

EDIT - Or maybe not. It’s Salford postcodes. Strict entry criteria also.

https://gardentickets.rhs.org.uk/rhsbw/sessions.aspx?tid=2&_gl=1*2oqzf1*_ga*MTQyNDE1Nzg0Ny4xNjkyNzk3Nzkx*_ga_X9Q3NCQ40M*MTY5Mjc5Nzc5MC4xLjEuMTY5Mjc5Nzc5MS4wLjAuMA..*_fplc*JTJGcHhwcW1hakp2WVYxMm1aeGpVbzNndDl5SzZiSThmNzNRTXo5bU1iMHNXJTJGWlhXTGlLamxOT0x4bUtoeFZHMUZPJTJGMENNZlZBb1oxNDVzRCUyRkpPdXZ1WHdXdk9oTUcwV2QwVG8wdGpseVk5anhpMTZIODdSdyUyQkthcjFuZjQ4ZyUzRCUzRA..

Edited by Smiley