Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pink

globaldiver

6 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Well, kind of. And then you see the big stars selling their back catalogue for £x00m

Well that's also due to things like age (not leaving a family with having to administer their estate - just a massive lump of cash) and for tax reasons as PRS consider music payments as a regular income and tax accordingly.

• Moderators

surely she could just do a 2 hour plus show of greatest hits, but she doesnt just take the easy option

shes also known for doing a proper show

but, like i say, 100 plus quid x 2 for midweek isnt happening

wifes at coldplay this week

id def prefer pink

58 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'd say so - she is massive, not as big as Taylor Swift (she wouldn't be doing slightly lesser stadiums) I'd say women 30-45 are probably her core audience but there will be a mix. Think housewives with kids at primary school/early year secondary school and live on new builds in the suburbs of big cities, admin roles or primary teachers type job. Like mainstream TV, like going out a few times a month, have stopped consuming new music since they 'settled down' and now the kids take up much of the family time so like to listen to artists they have heard of from when they were going back but will pick up on new songs from listening to mainstream commercial music radio on the school/work run.

You've just explained my wife and why I'm going to hyde park to see Take That and Script later this month :)

59 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well that's also due to things like age (not leaving a family with having to administer their estate - just a massive lump of cash) and for tax reasons as PRS consider music payments as a regular income and tax accordingly.

Won’t the tax position be dictated by their own residence?

46 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Won’t the tax position be dictated by their own residence?

I think its the fact its a lump sum rather than paying tax on the payments from PRS. I believe.

Although it seems most just want an easier retirement and an easier life for their families.

6 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'd say so - she is massive, not as big as Taylor Swift (she wouldn't be doing slightly lesser stadiums) I'd say women 30-45 are probably her core audience but there will be a mix. Think housewives with kids at primary school/early year secondary school and live on new builds in the suburbs of big cities, admin roles or primary teachers type job. Like mainstream TV, like going out a few times a month, have stopped consuming new music since they 'settled down' and now the kids take up much of the family time so like to listen to artists they have heard of from when they were going back but will pick up on new songs from listening to mainstream commercial music radio on the school/work run.

She has a large Leslie following

Mrs saw Pink at Cardiff Millennium stadium last time out. Said best concert ever but I reckon it was the amount of HRT patches in da house swung it. 

She’s got bleddy Coldplay in couple of weeks there and won’t sell when tell her tickets going for over 300 quid. She can’t name one song after second album 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Feeding chickens in the morning and being chauffeured to the stadium in an E36 BMW M3?

She’s walking.

Getting food delivered from Chester’s 

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Offered two VIP tickets for Arctic Monkey at Lancs CC on sat.

No trains and hotels are about £3m each.

Pink on Reebok, Coldplay at City too.

Pink is Wednesday and Thursday next week, not this weekend

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Offered two VIP tickets for Arctic Monkey at Lancs CC on sat.

No trains and hotels are about £3m each.

Pink on Reebok, Coldplay at City too.

One of the best gigs I ever went to was watching Arctic Monkeys at Lancs CC in 2007, supported by Amy Winehouse, The Coral and Supergrass. In fact, I probably bumped into you there but have no recollection of it because I was off my tits.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

One of the best gigs I ever went to was watching Arctic Monkeys at Lancs CC in 2007, supported by Amy Winehouse, The Coral and Supergrass. In fact, I probably bumped into you there but have no recollection of it because I was off my tits.

Haha as well as leeds festival :D

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

I was at that one 

Also going this weekend

Edited by L/H White

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Was there 

Hated it 

Horrendous queues for the bars as they only had around two open because the stands were being renovated 

Amy Winehouse was pissed 

The sound cut out during the AMs  

Supergraass and the coral didn't suit the venue 

Had to walk halfway home before any sign of a taxi

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Was there 

Hated it 

Horrendous queues for the bars as they only had around two open because the stands were being renovated 

Amy Winehouse was pissed 

The sound cut out during the AMs  

Supergraass and the coral didn't suit the venue 

Had to walk halfway home before any sign of a taxi

My experience couldn't have been more different. A load of us got a minibus from a pub I used to drink in, and we were all well oiled and pilled up by the time we got there. Hadn't really paid any attention to her before then, but I fell in love with Amy Winehouse that day. I remember the sound cutting out, but it was only for a few minutes.