Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Big Sharps

barryk32

Sad news.  I had some interactions with him briefly on Burnden Aces but didn't know the bloke.

Perhaps it's worth a reminder that if you're struggling with issues, life in general or processing stuff like this, there are people you can talk to.  Samaritans are 24/7 365 days a year and will listen without judgement. Tel 116 123 

28 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

His mum's rang me today, it was natural causes.

It doesn't make it any easier for me, my best mates still not here.

Hope it makes it easier for his family though knowing he didn't leave them.

I think it may have been the lad I've seen with you on the bus a couple of times. Sorry to hear this mate.

Must have been a bloody tough gig for you having to put his door through as well, hope your alright 👍 

RIP fellow wanderer 

48 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

His mum's rang me today, it was natural causes.

It doesn't make it any easier for me, my best mates still not here.

Hope it makes it easier for his family though knowing he didn't leave them.

Having been to a funeral recently of someone who took their own life I can promise you 100% it will make it easier for the family and over time it will help you too I think.

Still tragically sad. 

2 hours ago, Ani said:

Having been to a funeral recently of someone who took their own life I can promise you 100% it will make it easier for the family and over time it will help you too I think.

Still tragically sad. 

Agreed, dying of natural causes doesn't make the death of someone so young any less tragic, however, it will make the grieving process of those close to him a lot easier.  At the very least it means they can grieve without thinking they could/should have spotted the signs, done something to help, etc.

It's still terribly sad though.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Supporter

I know this isn't really a clapping during the game type of site but.....

Adams lads are hoping some will get on board with a minutes applause on the 37th minute for their dad on Saturday

11 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

No, we're more a wave your phone light type of bunch 😉

Joking aside, sounds a lovely idea, mate.

3 hours ago, barryk32 said:

Adams lads are hoping some will get on board with a minutes applause on the 37th minute for their dad on Saturday

Get in touch with the club pal and see if they can get something put on scoreboard

6 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Get in touch with the club pal and see if they can get something put on scoreboard

Second this. 

Worth reaching out to Phil Mason (Club Chaplain), has been very helpful for us in the past. 

26 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Thanks to everyone who joined in today.

His lads were so, so proud.

It was incredible

Were your/his group down at the front middle of NSL? I saw someone with Big Sharps on the back of their shirt. Really glad it got a good reception, I didn't know him but I think he'd have bloody loved that.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Were your/his group down at the front middle of NSL? I saw someone with Big Sharps on the back of their shirt. Really glad it got a good reception, I didn't know him but I think he'd have bloody loved that.

I think a steward passed them a banner or something but I couldn.t see what it was.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

No. None of them were regular attendees, they all just came for a bit of a sort of send off.

It was his brother in the Big Sharps shirt.

It was his family, me and his lads were in our usual spot

Edited by barryk32