Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton A


radcliffe white

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Come on mate that was poor again!

 

I just think you have to look at the wider context.

Yes the performance and result wasn’t what we wanted. 

But taking the whole season into context like I’ve done, what have I said that’s wrong and makes me a happy clapper? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, desperado said:

I just think you have to look at the wider context.

Yes the performance and result wasn’t what we wanted. 

But taking the whole season into context like I’ve done, what have I said that’s wrong and makes me a happy clapper? 

Sharon & the board have made it clear on expectations, yes it’s early and we’re 3rd but there’s similarities to last season already creeping in. All this happy with a point talk is weak (not you) I’m not convinced IE is the man if I’m honest but time will tell eh 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

I’m not convinced IE is the man if I’m honest but time will tell eh 

I genuinely think this is the crux of the issue after a defeat/poor result. 

Folk like me, who think he is the right man, look for the positives and argue against others when it seems a “happy clapper” thing to do. And I agree maybe the justification seems misplaced when we’re disappointed.

But equally there’s other reasonable posters like yourself and @tomski who have doubts over Evatt and use opportunities like this and quotes In the press to disagree and claim he’s not the man.

I’ll leave it by saying the hope is that Im proved right - Evatt’s the man, last week was awful, part of the re-building process was a draw today, next week we turn over a promotion rival at home to show we are the real deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

I’ve only seen the Fleetwood game live and didn’t see today at all. If IE is to be criticised, rather than the players, what’s the biggest thing? Set up? Who he’s picking?

I reckon he's stubborn. Which can be a positive and a negative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, desperado said:

I genuinely think this is the crux of the issue after a defeat/poor result. 

Folk like me, who think he is the right man, look for the positives and argue against others when it seems a “happy clapper” thing to do. And I agree maybe the justification seems misplaced when we’re disappointed.

But equally there’s other reasonable posters like yourself and @tomski who have doubts over Evatt and use opportunities like this and quotes In the press to disagree and claim he’s not the man.

I’ll leave it by saying the hope is that Im proved right - Evatt’s the man, last week was awful, part of the re-building process was a draw today, next week we turn over a promotion rival at home to show we are the real deal. 

No disrespect to the other teams but there’s no better chance to get promoted than this season imo 

let’s see how we fair against Derby and go from there, see you about mate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
31 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

 I’m not convinced IE is the man if I’m honest but time will tell eh 

And there we have it

Been at it from about the day he arrived

Which is fair enough, but i reckon hes proved you wrong, already

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, desperado said:

 

But equally there’s other reasonable posters like yourself and @tomski who have doubts over Evatt and use opportunities like this and quotes In the press to disagree and claim he’s not the man

Anybody putting any store in Evatts media comments is surely about 8

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

No disrespect to the other teams but there’s no better chance to get promoted than this season imo 

let’s see how we fair against Derby and go from there, see you about mate 

The things we have in common are far more than the things we disagree on. 👍

Importantly both massively passionate  (and tonight a bit pissed off we haven’t won). 

Another big week and I include the Middlesbrough game in that. 

The bounceback may take a bit longer.  2 good performances/results this week will go a long way to turning the corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got back, had a curry. 
 

The season has gone flat very quickly. Burton were there to beat today. As expected the came out all guns blazing. 
 

Negatives

We created more chances for them than we did for ourselves.

The lack of awareness that let 3 or 4 times to play a ball back from a throw in for the ball to be hoofed into the box.

Iredale looked ruined every time he got the ball.

GT and Mahone silly bookings

Positives

Better than last week, rallied after they scored , just felt nothing was going right for us (Big Vics volley hitting a bloke who had fallen over) 

We got into some very good positions but the picked the wrong option nearly everytime

Paris showed glimpses of being able to move well with the ball.

 

Burton are poor and will finish near the bottom. It is  a poor result made to feel even worse after last week.

 

Sharon and Evatt talked about a push to improve the team this year.  But are we any better ? Only 3 players started today who were not here last year. The right back and keeper are downgrades, no disrespect but they are following exceptional players at this level. Paris I think is showing enough to earn some optimism. 
 

Anyone thinking today was good enough is deluded. Anything thinking it was a disaster equally so. 
 

I am expecting more to come in before transfer window closes if we serious about promotion in the auromatics

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Ani said:

Got back, had a curry. 
 

The season has gone flat very quickly. Burton were there to beat today. As expected the came out all guns blazing. 
 

Negatives

We created more chances for them than we did for ourselves.

The lack of awareness that let 3 or 4 times to play a ball back from a throw in for the ball to be hoofed into the box.

Iredale looked ruined every time he got the ball.

GT and Mahone silly bookings

Positives

Better than last week, rallied after they scored , just felt nothing was going right for us (Big Vics volley hitting a bloke who had fallen over) 

We got into some very good positions but the picked the wrong option nearly everytime

Paris showed glimpses of being able to move well with the ball.

 

Burton are poor and will finish near the bottom. It is  a poor result made to feel even worse after last week.

 

Sharon and Evatt talked about a push to improve the team this year.  But are we any better ? Only 3 players started today who were not here last year. The right back and keeper are downgrades, no disrespect but they are following exceptional players at this level. Paris I think is showing enough to earn some optimism. 
 

Anyone thinking today was good enough is deluded. Anything thinking it was a disaster equally so. 
 

I am expecting more to come in before transfer window closes if we serious about promotion in the auromatics

 

Has anyone actually said today was good enough?

Reckon we all know that we will have to improve, but as a result it's not the end of the world.

I still believe we'll do well in general against most teams, but the next big test comes against the likes of Derby.

We simply have to show up, and start getting decent results against them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

Was rammed on that terrace, hope the old fella who collapsed is alright. The response from the stewards was disgraceful

Something similar happened the year before last that took fans in another stand to raise attention!

We were in top corner out of the way but I can imagine anyone with a jacket on will have been quickly feeling the heat!

The part I’m struggling to figure out is how the first few games we looked outstanding and looked to have improved on both Trafford and Bradley, but already there’s a simple blueprint of how to play against us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Being able to abandon your car on the grass by the road no more than 100 yards from the turnstiles is very much a traffic management policy that I would love BWFC to replicate btw 😂

We did the same. Best part of the day straight in the car and away after the game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Piemon said:

We did the same. Best part of the day straight in the car and away after the game 

The weird thing is that there are two industrial estates just off the road on the same side. But signs up saying no match day parking despite both having big empty car parks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

The weird thing is that there are two industrial estates just off the road on the same side. But signs up saying no match day parking despite both having big empty car parks. 

Went to Pirelli originally as I think someone said on here you could park there. Ended up on the one opposite the ground, £5 and was gone 10 minutes after the game.

Beech hotel was alright before the game, busy-ish but easy enough to get a beer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I reckon he's stubborn. Which can be a positive and a negative.

Got me thinking that. 

It has been fairly downhill since he lost his shit during the Fleetwood game. After assuring us all in the past that he was young and learning from his mistakes. 

I'm confident he will sort it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, true white said:

We are third in league. Best team and manager we have had in years. Yet not enough for people. Professional moaners. If it’s that bad go and do something different. Perhaps our biggest problem my be our fans?? 

Always been same, some fans hounded Ian Greaves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.