Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby County (H)

Zico

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Is there a chance Thomasson could be our best midfielder come the end of the season? 

I don't like this idea; it's what works as a group. Dempsey has been the standout early doors, but it's about balance.

Thomason may not have the footballing ability of some, but we do seem to be more effective (in terms of results) when he starts.

Unbeaten when he's started, and whenever he's subbed we seem to relinquish some control.

We've seen early games where such a presence wasn't needed, but overall I just feel the team has a good balance when he's in.

Does need to keep improving; in particular yellow cards!

Very good performance 1st half especially.Red card helped but we deservedly won.Thought Derby were abit shit to be honest.MOM Toal closely followed by Sheehan

Fans played their part 

Derby fans very quite thought it was a piss poor turn out by them considering they seem to think they're a big club

A massive three points. 

Better team over the 90

Much more satisfying than the third gear 3-0 wins against the dregs. Better atmos. Reminds me why I started going in the first place. 

This is the season we need to get more points from them around us. Me thinks Paris will do well for us later through the season.

Randall was my MOM, busy, shot, crossed, at times was our only threat

Edited by auckland_bwfc

41 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I don't like this idea; it's what works as a group. Dempsey has been the standout early doors, but it's about balance.

Thomason may not have the footballing ability of some, but we do seem to be more effective (in terms of results) when he starts.

Unbeaten when he's started, and whenever he's subbed we seem to relinquish some control.

We've seen early games where such a presence wasn't needed, but overall I just feel the team has a good balance when he's in.

Does need to keep improving; in particular yellow cards!

Agree with all of this. Especially the group bit. 

49 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Is there a chance Thomasson could be our best midfielder come the end of the season? 

If all of our other midfielders get injured then there’s a good chance. He was alright today but still the worse of our 3 midfielders, was at fault for Santos’ yellow card and then got one himself.

Sheehan is a class above, even Dempsey. He is some footballer. It will end up Sheehan, Dempsey and Maghoma as our starting midfield. As soon as they went down to 10 men, GT should have been hooked and Sheehan sat in the pivot role instead.

Charles is in one of his hot streaks, Toal looked like he’d never been away, great to see Santos back, Darces Cogley continues to impress, Dan was poor again (why the fuck did Morley give it him in the 94th minute).

Big 3 points, doesn’t matter how we got it, joint top of the league.