Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading (A)


TrickyTrotter

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

Our squad is just so devoid of any creativity. We’ve built a squad for the one formation Evatt wants to play but when that doesn’t go to plan we‘re fooked. 
 

Jerome and Nlundulu are both so similar in playing style it’s utterly pointless bringing them both on together. Both want to play with their back to goal, neither make runs behind, neither know how to score goals. Poor recruitment is costing us badly. 

Spot on 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Covid hadn’t been a thing we’d have never gone up. Evatt would have been booed out of the postcode. 
 

he got away with it then, he isn’t getting away with it now and I don’t think he’ll survive a fan backlash. 
 

he’s too vocal and bloody minded. It doesn’t help the local media stir him up and ask him the wrong questions at the wrong time. And then plaster shite headlines up for clickbait 

 

he’ll be hounded out before the end of the season rightly or wrongly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have only skimmed the thread, as I’m on my way home from the game. But fuck me this one is on Victor. He missed a sitter and the fans couldn’t have been better. Got behind him. Tried to lift him. Sang his name. But the second chance is criminal. We can’t carry players. We win today and we’re top of the league. Instead we’re 7th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m still in Reading and still can‘t quite believe how we’ve contrived to get beaten here, despite being far from our best.

I felt we started sloppily, Santos let one go over his head leading to them having a corner after just 15 Seconds. 
 

Passing / distribution from keeper and defence was poor all game. 
 

Sheehan (who I like) wasn’t in the game at all, we chose to bypass him for Much of tje game rather than go through him.

Both strikers missed good chances.

Thomason and Dempsey played well enough but as a team we concede too many yellow cards. Toal was stupid with the dissent and Santos had no need to shove their player. This stuff always puts us in danger.

Bottom line is that we ended the game With too many players who are simply not good enough  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

If Covid hadn’t been a thing we’d have never gone up. Evatt would have been booed out of the postcode. 
 

he got away with it then, he isn’t getting away with it now and I don’t think he’ll survive a fan backlash. 
 

he’s too vocal and bloody minded. It doesn’t help the local media stir him up and ask him the wrong questions at the wrong time. And then plaster shite headlines up for clickbait 

 

he’ll be hounded out before the end of the season rightly or wrongly. 

Bit heavy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Aye have to agree mate and Im one of em.

If Id been there Id be as raging as you and others are. Especially after a belly full of ale.

Ive seen posts calling Markham a prick, wanting the manager out and some bloke on twitter giving a full break down of FV expenditure.

It was shit, but lets keep cool. 

Theres a long way to go, the manager is going absolutely nowhere and we will pick enough points up to be easily punching at the right end.

No excuses whatsoever for today.

Aye that is about right. If I had gone today I’d have been pissed off but there is some over reaction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Aye have to agree mate and Im one of em.

If Id been there Id be as raging as you and others are. Especially after a belly full of ale.

Ive seen posts calling Markham a prick, wanting the manager out and some bloke on twitter giving a full break down of FV expenditure.

It was shit, but lets keep cool. 

Theres a long way to go, the manager is going absolutely nowhere and we will pick enough points up to be easily punching at the right end.

No excuses whatsoever for today.

Thing is there doesn't have to be a shake down of the entire club and how it's run any time we get beat.

If we're at the stage where we can't accept any defeat to any team in any game then people need a reality check, but in the singular terms of today it was unacceptable. We've gone and got beat to a club in total crisis, their fans went from being completely anti, to giving it full beans by the end wtf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Thing is there doesn't have to be a shake down of the entire club and how it's run any time we get beat.

If we're at the stage where we can't accept any defeat to any team in any game then people need a reality check, but in the singular terms of today it was unacceptable. We've gone and got beat to a club in total crisis, their fans went from being completely anti, to giving it full beans by the end wtf

It was pathetic. Let’s flip it on the other foot and remember when we were throwing tennis balls and all that shit. We lost game after game. They fully deserved to win and that is the sad part. 

I can’t get over how bad we were. Luckily the bank of ETH and Brighton saved today. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, royal white said:

Fkin dog shit, awful subs yet again, piss poor finishing, the refs a Cunt (they should have been down to 10) thrown away 3 points there. 
 

Did I mention dog shit? 

7 hours of driving. Not long home. Catching up.  Think this ^ sums up my feelings best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Last game I am drinking more than one pint; just can’t take it when firstly we get cheated to fuck by the officials but still through away the game with shocking substitutions (again). Lost my head and won’t be doing that again; even thought of packing it in completely on the train home. 

7 games into the season with 4 wins and a draw on the board. Even the best football teams in the world lose matches sometimes. Have you thought of attending an Anger Management course?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is hard to take. No way I thought we'd lose to a team of youngsters and misfits.

Reading fully deserved their win.

Jerome and Dan offer nothing.

Wtf has happened to Iredale? poor again.

Just a thought... wingers we have none. We play a rigid 532 with little creativity. Anyone remember in the early Evatt days when he switched from 532 to a 433. Worked well with his style of play.

I'd rather have 2 creative wingers on the the pitch than Vic and a extra cb. Shame we don't have any.

                        

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Cheese said:

7 games into the season with 4 wins and a draw on the board. Even the best football teams in the world lose matches sometimes. Have you thought of attending an Anger Management course?

Look at where we've lost those points.

If we aspire to automatics, we don't lose as many of those points.

It's the same story again.

When it should count, we again find ourselves wanting.

We were in control of that match today but again failed to take our chances, then the piss weak subs & it goes tits up!

Edited by BOWTUN BAKED
Can nut speal wen tidderly pops
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Look at we're we've lost those points.

If we aspire to automatics, we don't lose as many of those points.

It's the same story again.

When it should count, we again find ourselves wanting.

We were in control of that match today but again failed to take our chances, then the piss weak subs & it goes tits up!

We don't have a God-given Right to romp the League unfortunately. Losing your mind and calling for Evatt to be sacked because we've lost 2 games from 7, with 4 wins, is absolute madness to me. It's sport. The opposition want to win just as much as we do. Amazes me that people who've been supporters for decades haven't wrapped their head around that by now and can't see the bigger picture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

We don't have a God-given Right to romp the League unfortunately. Losing your mind and calling for Evatt to be sacked because we've lost 2 games from 7, with 4 wins, is absolute madness to me. It's sport. The opposition want to win just as much as we do. Amazes me that people who've been supporters for decades haven't wrapped their head around that by now and can't see the bigger picture.

I hope that's a generalisation from other comments rather than pointed at me! because I've not said any of that diatribe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

We don't have a God-given Right to romp the League unfortunately. Losing your mind and calling for Evatt to be sacked because we've lost 2 games from 7, with 4 wins, is absolute madness to me. It's sport. The opposition want to win just as much as we do. Amazes me that people who've been supporters for decades haven't wrapped their head around that by now and can't see the bigger picture.

What bigger picture? Enlighten us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.