Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carlisle (H)

Bertie

When he's  HAD to change it's worked. We have quality there but it's being suppressed. Players stop and reset to keep in his style.

I'm not given up on him, but I am given up on Plan A & if that's not working then ... Plan A.

Tired ? We're barely a dozen games in. If they're exhausted it's due to overworking them midweek.

ps. I've never forgiven him for not fitting Dapo in. Having forced him out, for a fckg pittance he didn't the cash on Dan, Vic & a free Cameron. wtf ?

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

we had a corner in the first, 4 passes it was back to our keeper FFS 

dross 

Yes but look what it did to the possession stats. 

Anyway talking of corners, we had a few in the 2nd half, did we get one past the first man?  Virtually every Carlisle corner gave us something to be concerned about.  And they scored from 2, thanks to us leaving men unmarked despite bringing 11 back - explain that.  Delivering a set piece and being organised/solid when defending corners are two of the absolute basics of football that you learn when you're a kid.  Its just baffling and amateurish.

Every fucking time Williams gets it on the wing he turns back and passes it back. Absolutely every time. 

How the hell Evatt isn’t picking that up in analysis and having a word I have no idea. 

I know exactly why. Because he’s come out and declared his love for him and he won’t back down and we’re stuck with the shit bag.

Whilst at the same time shipping out a perfectly good wing back in Declan John.

so Evatts stubbornness is costing us big time

read the Pompey manager saying he has players with different skill sets so he can change tactics to cope with a variety of opposition tactics, that’s the difference and why they’re top and we’re scraping into the top 6.

Ian evatt also has players with a massive range of skills sets,

one of em can make a great lasagna and he reckons another has a full set of Pokémon cards.

not only that as a squad they know all the words to Rivers of Babylon by Bony M.

impressive eh?

• Site Supporter

When I said right at the start that he’d fuck us, which I was right about, it was clear he’d do it by insisting on playing in a style he saw on a computer game.

Whilst I take no pleasure in having been the first to tell you all he’d be shit, it’s still a fact.

They looked knackered because he spends all day showing them videos of Barcelona from 15 years ago.

Which, I said he would. And nobody listened.

Not good enough. 

It's all the same complaints. Squad size not big enough, not enough physical/strong players, no plan B. 

This is the point the IE and FV need to understand pronto: There is only so much patience Bolton fans are going to have with tier 3 football. They've had far more leeway than would normally be the case given the difficult circumstances in which they came to the club. But it won't last forever - and it is very definitely beginning to ebb. We're getting 20,000 plus gates in League 1 - that's unprecedented  The whole club needs to up its game pronto. We need far more urgency, guts and steel and we need far less comfort zone.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Not good enough. 

It's all the same complaints. Squad size not big enough, not enough physical/strong players, no plan B. 

This is the point the IE and FV need to understand pronto: There is only so much patience Bolton fans are going to have with tier 3 football. They've had far more leeway than would normally be the case given the difficult circumstances in which they came to the club. But it won't last forever - and it is very definitely beginning to ebb. We're getting 20,000 plus gates in League 1 - that's unprecedented  The whole club needs to up its game pronto. We need far more urgency, guts and steel and we need far less comfort zone.

Evatt peaked a long time ago

We need a manager with experience, vision and the ability to keep a squad fit.

Bye Ian 👋

2 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

When he's  HAD to change it's worked. We have quality there but it's being suppressed. Players stop and reset to keep in his style.

I'm not given up on him, but I am given up on Plan A & if that's not working then ... Plan A.

Tired ? We're barely a dozen games in. If they're exhausted it's due to overworking them midweek.

ps. I've never forgiven him for not fitting Dapo in. Having forced him out, for a fckg pittance he didn't the cash on Dan, Vic & a free Cameron. wtf ?

Still pisses me off. Nobody in our squad had owt close to what he had.

Should have been the jewel in the crown.

His replacements, well the less said about them the better. 

Right just got back and had a curry.

we played 2 promoted teams this week. Neither were anything special. But they were decent and knew their jobs.

From minute 1 Stevenage pressed us high, today Carlisle stood of us and exploited any mistakes as we slowly dragged ourselves up the pitch. 

There is virtually no movement off the ball , we literally have 11 men stood still. We do create space wide but unless the ball is played in behind the full backs we never cross the ball. We are as likely to pass the ball back to our centre halves as we are to do anything positive.  The wing backs are pushed up and as soon we give the ball away we are exposed at the back. It takes us 5 minutes to get forward and 10 seconds to be on the back foot. 

We are easy to play against, teams know our system and to play against us. We have no pace in the team and little creativity. (Although Sheehan along with the keeper was IMO the only ones who not totally shit today.

Baxter 3 or 4 great saves, plus the first penalty and a 1 on 1.. From 69% possession we had 3 shots on target they had 9.  Up front everyone of our players including Dion and JDB look awful.

We are totally lacking in leadership on the pitch even when Santos plays and we seem to be getting very little from the side lines. I posted previously that despite the words and promises over summer this team has not progressed , if anything we have gone backwards and more opponents have sussed out how to beat us and Evatt shows no sign of being able to do anything about it.

(I do not have glasses on so apologies for no doubt many typos but in summary we are very average and I am pissed off. Our league is false we have played bottom 6) 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Oh and I cannot believe Evatt wasn’t sending Baxter back to his goal when he went up for that corner there was 3 minutes left FFS, complete dereliction of duty.  

I thought he seemed quite resigned on the touchline in the second half

There was little sign of his usual theatrics

1 hour ago, Hoppy said:

We are now too predictable, slow build up, other side drops back and waits till we give the ball away with a poor pass then they break . We are a top ten side no more at the moment

we seem to be stale, too set in one idea of playing and really haven't the players to carry it off

1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

To be honest there is little point getting anyone else in cos we can only play one way right now anyway.

Huge January needed.

Will be rocky until then.

Not true.  4-4-2 could easily be used with the current squad.  Eg Iredale and Jones in their correct positions of RB and LB.  4 across midfield (anyone but Tomo and Williams, L2 players).  But whether the manager is IE or anyone else, the mistakes of the last couple of transfer markets need to be corrected before we can seriously progress.  

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

There's definitely something not right,  a clear shift in mentality 

Late goals got us out of trouble a lot the previous 2 seasons but we never stopped going. Now we look like the team most likely to concede towards the end and just offer nothing.

In those games, we had players on our bench who were starters in the oppo

Today, morley and bod were the only ones carlisle would start

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Not true.  4-4-2 could easily be used with the current squad.  Eg Iredale and Jones in their correct positions of RB and LB.  4 across midfield (anyone but Tomo and Williams, L2 players).  But whether the manager is IE or anyone else, the mistakes of the last couple of transfer markets need to be corrected before we can seriously progress.  

Any manager giving Llundu a three year contract is a sacking offence purely on that decision.