Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton (a)

mattbwfc19

29 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

We’ve beat Charlton last 5 games and lost 1 in 10 must be the best record against a club currently . Can we play you every week 

Fleetwood and Vale have done very poorly against us too - although the one game Vale did win was 3-6 !! 

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

See there’s no sign of the usual suspects tonight. IESWA

first 30 minutes we were superb, then sat back , again , they had loads of corners , and we were fortunate not to concede , same in the second half , both teams missed chances , 2-2 or 0-5

Surprised Toal has been picked out by a couple for a bad game, I thought he looked top class defensively and although there were a couple of the long diagonals that didn’t come off, he generally looked brilliant on the ball again.

You could talk all night about how good each and every one of the is after a game like today but I’ll pick out a couple and start with 2 that get the most stick from me:

Randy - best game he’s had for us, really good going forward but also much better defensively (and scored a worldy). Games like today against fast tricky wingers definitely suit him, but I thought he was really good all game and gave that right winger nothing (backed up by Toal).

GT - I’d go as far as saying that was also his best match for us. I think this role further forward really suits him and in an open game like today his engine to exploit gaps and support the forwards was much needed. Didn’t put a foot wrong all game.

JDC - quality, again. Up there for player of the season so far.

Jones - took a bit of stick recently but I thought he had a great game. On the front foot, gave their winger nothing, won almost every tackle and on a few occasions anticipated the ball into the winger, got in front and set an attack off.

You could carry on, Baxter was solid again, Santos is a cheat player in this league, Vic looked sharp and linked up really well with Charles (I’ve made my mind up that Vic is a player and will get better and better through the season), Morley had a good game and came through 90 mins well and Sheehan just kept things ticking over despite probably having a slightly quieter game.

Only downside was that we didn’t score 4 or 5 - we had the chances to.

Anyone on the cancelled 19:13 to Wigan choose to get the 20:25 instead of rushing for the 18:25? @jeep? 👀 

Also assume Avanti sorted you out onward from Preston @Traf?

Fun and games on the railways, all part of the craic! Although t’wife went to bed half an hour ago, all of four hours after leaving the ground 😂 long away day apparently?! We’ve been home later than this from a home game! 🤣

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Surprised Toal has been picked out by a couple for a bad game, I thought he looked top class defensively and although there were a couple of the long diagonals that didn’t come off, he generally looked brilliant on the ball again.

You could talk all night about how good each and every one of the is after a game like today but I’ll pick out a couple and start with 2 that get the most stick from me:

Randy - best game he’s had for us, really good going forward but also much better defensively (and scored a worldy). Games like today against fast tricky wingers definitely suit him, but I thought he was really good all game and gave that right winger nothing (backed up by Toal).

GT - I’d go as far as saying that was also his best match for us. I think this role further forward really suits him and in an open game like today his engine to exploit gaps and support the forwards was much needed. Didn’t put a foot wrong all game.

JDC - quality, again. Up there for player of the season so far.

Jones - took a bit of stick recently but I thought he had a great game. On the front foot, gave their winger nothing, won almost every tackle and on a few occasions anticipated the ball into the winger, got in front and set an attack off.

You could carry on, Baxter was solid again, Santos is a cheat player in this league, Vic looked sharp and linked up really well with Charles (I’ve made my mind up that Vic is a player and will get better and better through the season), Morley had a good game and came through 90 mins well and Sheehan just kept things ticking over despite probably having a slightly quieter game.

Only downside was that we didn’t score 4 or 5 - we had the chances to.

Great post. I know they had a couple of half chances second half but we were picking them off all over the place. Four or five genuinely wouldn’t have flattered us. GT outstanding btw and I just wish Vic would be a bit more selfish sometimes and all of a sudden his stats would look better. His link up play is getting better every week though. 

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Great post. I know they had a couple of half chances second half but we were picking them off all over the place. Four or five genuinely wouldn’t have flattered us. GT outstanding btw and I just wish Vic would be a bit more selfish sometimes and all of a sudden his stats would look better. His link up play is getting better every week though. 

Glad a few have mentioned Vic positively. Thought he looked a different beast to what we've seen from him before. 

GT was outstanding, agreed. Thriving slightly further forward. 

1 hour ago, victor meldrew said:

first 30 minutes we were superb, then sat back , again , they had loads of corners , and we were fortunate not to concede , same in the second half , both teams missed chances , 2-2 or 0-5

Miserable they had 1 shot on target 

59 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just watched the "highlights" on skysports.com. 

Kinell, looking at those we were a touch lucky!

Bonkers what you can do with selective editing.

Bit like stats.

Second half we had at least 3 clear cut chances, and all should have been converted! It is crazy how highlights are put together sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

Miserable they had 1 shot on target 

Shots on target never tell the story.  In the 2nd half both teams could have scored several times (the Williams shot an inch wide then missing from Santos' cross, Vic sliding in to Morley's cross, May blasting over, Morley shooting just over etc),  shots on target from that lot, zero.  Means nothing, good attacking at both ends.  Another top game from Baxter from what I saw, no worries on the goalkeeping front if we go up.

31 minutes ago, TM Trotter said:

Glad a few have mentioned Vic positively. Thought he looked a different beast to what we've seen from him before. 

GT was outstanding, agreed. Thriving slightly further forward. 

Vic's been solid week to week and steadily improving in the hold up aspect, workrate and honest endeavour never in question, another step forward today. GT can look after the ball and has the confidence to play balls first time that can catch defenders out, if he can match that with confidence to finish moves off as he did on Tuesday he could be the midfield goal contributor we've lacked for a while

• Site Supporter

What a super day out. Played some really good stuff, our most complete performance of the season.

Nobody was poor, every player - subs included were very good. The more I see Vic, the more I'm warming to him. He's been miles better than last season recently.

Morley or Toal MOM for me