Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stockport EFL Trophy

freds dad

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

But "by mistake" ?

By all means sub him off, but htf do you do it accidentally ? Bizarre.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/23924307.bolton-wanderers-player-subbed-mistake-stockport-win/

“It was more miscommunication more than anything,” he explained. “Randell had a hefty bang on Saturday and it was fine to play. He then got another knock on the same spot, which he then mentioned to Rico (Santos) and he then communicated with the bench.

“The wires got crossed somewhere because he came off and didn’t really need to, and that then affected us having the opportunity to bring on Conor (Lewis) or young Noah (Halford) in the second half."

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/23924307.bolton-wanderers-player-subbed-mistake-stockport-win/

“It was more miscommunication more than anything,” he explained. “Randell had a hefty bang on Saturday and it was fine to play. He then got another knock on the same spot, which he then mentioned to Rico (Santos) and he then communicated with the bench.

“The wires got crossed somewhere because he came off and didn’t really need to, and that then affected us having the opportunity to bring on Conor (Lewis) or young Noah (Halford) in the second half."

So is Randall unable to day "I'm fine" ? Is the substitution done in a heartbeat ?

I'm not saying this isn't true. Nor that other things are afoot. Just that it's bizarre. Certainly shockingly unprofessional. 

At least it happened in a relatively low key game.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So is Randall unable to day "I'm fine" ? Is the substitution done in a heartbeat ?

I'm not saying this isn't true. Nor that other things are afoot. Just that it's bizarre. Certainly shockingly unprofessional. 

At least it happened in a relatively low key game.

Probably didn't help that Evatt was sat in the stands rather than on the touchline. I wouldn't worry about it. These things happen.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, desperado said:

A lot less motivation to win it this year for me personally.

To be fair, last season there was very little motivation to win until we drew Accrington away in Semi-Final. Suddenly it had become a winnable tournament.

If we get a local team in the next few rounds then your motivation to win will be reignited.

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

No. It's once announced to the 4th official.

Even then the decision can be changed right up & until one exits the pitch & the other replaced him.

It's perfectly possible that he thought the manager wanted to protect him, as it was a second knock on the same place, so accepted the decision. 

The comments say that the medical mon went off with him.

Maybe only afterwards, when he heard the reasons, he realised that there had been a misunderstanding, and that the message on the pitch to Santos had been misconstrued.

Shouldn't happen, but an understandable explanation.