Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Prison sentences

Big E

• Moderators
4 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

Fellas mate just got 18 weeks inside for being caught drink driving after he’s already been banned for doing it before. What a shame. Bellend.

Is that driving whilst banned, or second offence after he'd got his licence back? 

Got a mate who got done twice in a few years back in the 00s, bans both times, never a suggestion of prison

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, Zico said:

Is that driving whilst banned, or second offence after he'd got his licence back? 

Got a mate who got done twice in a few years back in the 00s, bans both times, never a suggestion of prison

Currently debating the sentencing bill.

Although not an exact feature, there is suggestion that many who are sentenced to less than 12 months, will have that sentence suspended.

Quite a bit of disagreement: some saying better to keep them out and change them away from a school of crime.

Others saying fuck off- lock 'em up.

An over simplification for sure, and I don't know what the reality is, but for me drink driving more than once should see the person locked up.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Total cunt.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Currently debating the sentencing bill.

Although not an exact feature, there is suggestion that many who are sentenced to less than 12 months, will have that sentence suspended.

Quite a bit of disagreement: some saying better to keep them out and change them away from a school of crime.

Others saying fuck off- lock 'em up.

An over simplification for sure, and I don't know what the reality is, but for me drink driving more than once should see the person locked up.

Thing is driving the next day

Same offence 

How many can say hand on heart they've never done it

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Same offence 

Ultimately it's the judge's responsibility to take mitigation into consideration when sentencing.

It's still an offence even if someone thinks they're safe though. 

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Ultimately it's the judge's responsibility to take mitigation into consideration when sentencing.

It's still an offence even if someone thinks they're safe though. 

It's not the judge's responsibility 

Police pull you over then you're getting done 

Over the limit is over the limt

That has to be one of the most pathetic excuses ever

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Pretty sure he means the punishment is up to a Judge, not the charge....

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

And they follow guidelines

So x amount over the limit equals y ban 

It's that simple

They also get maximum and minimum tariffs so if you gob off and act the cunt in court you’re persuading the JP into looking towards the maximum tariff 

Aye the morning after malarkey is a real grey area and openly admit I've genuinely no idea if I'd been over loads of times.

Sometimes you just know but others you think you're sound but probably not.

Not sure how they solve it but for me it's not the same crime as having 5 pints and driving home.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Aye the morning after malarkey is a real grey area and openly admit I've genuinely no idea if I'd been over loads of times.

Not sure how they solve it but for me it's not the same crime as having 5 pints and driving home.

Know what you're saying but it is the same crime 

Like it or not 

Know a guy whose a police and nicked a bloke the next morning 

He tried the coppers (coins) in the mouth trick but made fuck all difference 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Know what you're saying but it is the same crime 

Like it or not 

Know a guy whose a police and nicked a bloke the next morning 

He tried the coppers (coins) in the mouth trick but made fuck all difference 

Issue is there's no way of proving whether some one is over the limit from a couple of pints 30 mins ago or 6 hours after a massive bender 

I once got pulled at 8am on a Sunday morning on the m61 by a copper who was itching for me to be over the limit 

Should've seen the cunts face when I came back clean

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Police on the road outside our yard once, Saturday morning, 5 lads on the way in lost their licence and their jobs . 
home at 12 ish arriving in the yard between 6:30 and 7 . 
same offence , too much alcohol in the bloodstream to drive , same as if they started at 12 and drove straight in in the eyes of the law, fact they’d been to bed, had a brew and bacon barm didnt change a thing in that respect, but I get why people would differentiate the situations , but the reality is “ sleeping it off “ isn’t a thing, your body processes alcohol at a set rate and only time gets rid of it, not coffee, not Maccy Ds not sleep . 
due to the event , we were all sent on a course regarding it and it’s always stuck with me 

cunts trick from the police though , yard is at the bottom of a lane, knew exactly where to sit and grab loads of easy targets , be loads over the limit every single weekend morning 

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Once again you completely mis read the post. Somehow you managed to ignore some of it, and fail to understand a simple sentence. 

Ar no point did I suggest any excuse.

I also said the crime is the same.

Sentencing is entirely the judge's responsibility, and done so within his guidelines for any given offence.

Jesus, I can only assume you were pissed when reading. :(

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Once again you completely mis read the post. Somehow you managed to ignore some of it, and fail to understand a simple sentence. 

Sentencing is entirely the judge's responsibility, and done so within his guidelines for any given offence.

And I said it's Magistrates not judges 

You don't need a law background to be a magistrate

Anyone can do it, probably those with criminal convictions can't though I'd guess

So due to that they follow guidelines ie x amount over the limit equals y months for a ban 

Pleading guilty, being a nice bloke, need your licence for your job count for fuck all

26 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bloke I know is a solicitor who goes to court with people in such situations

Reckons it's easy money as they are pleading guilty anyway, tells them to wear a suit and will say what a nice person they are 

The reality it makes no difference as I said above, and whether it be the next day or coming out of the pub makes no difference either 

Once you plead guilty then you're bang to rights and it's an offence that Magistrates take a very dim view of

18 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Same offence 

I’ve probably done it many times when I was young but it’s a grey area as we know. 

I’m also honest enough to admit that I did drink and drive very occasionally.

Stupid I know but who hasn’t done totally reckless things when they were young if they’re being really honest with themselves. 

OK OK I know a few off here won’t have done……

@Biggish Dave Sheffield United away 😳😳

Edited by captainmed

5 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I’ve probably done it many times when I was young but it’s a grey area as we know. 

I’m also honest enough to admit that I did drink and drive occasionally.

Stupid I know but who hasn’t done totally reckless things when they were young if they’re being really honest with themselves. 

OK OK I know a few off here won’t have done……

@Biggish Dave Sheffield United away 😳😳

Lived in Norfolk for a while and knew people who would drink drive 

Their reasoning was the police don't come out here 

Apparently if you don't have to be driving to be nicked. If you're at your car and getting summat from the boot, have the keys on you then you'll be done 

Chances of getting caught are minimal but still

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Lived in Norfolk for a while and knew people who would drink drive 

Their reasoning was the police don't come out here 

Apparently if you don't have to be driving to be nicked. If you're at your car and getting summat from the boot, have the keys on you then you'll be done 

True that, mate of mine got done for sleeping in the back of his van when he had no digs . He was in charge of the vehicle and above the  limit . 

not sure how that works if you are in a camper van on holiday like but iys what happened to him 

9 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

We often stay over for our away games and often you can’t check-in until 3PM and they don’t always have the facility to store your bags etc. 

Consequently I sometimes have to access my car later in the evening when I’ve had a few.

It does concern me. 

6 minutes ago, fatolive said:

True that, mate of mine got done for sleeping in the back of his van when he had no digs . He was in charge of the vehicle and above the  limit . 

not sure how that works if you are in a camper van on holiday like but iys what happened to him 

Interesting one

The argument of private land if it's on your drive won't work 

You let the postman on so its assumed access 

Unless you build a huge fence around your drive, which you'll never get planning permission for, then you might get away with it

10 minutes ago, captainmed said:

We often stay over for our away games and often you can’t check-in until 3PM and they don’t always have the facility to store your bags etc. 

Consequently I sometimes have to access my car later in the evening when I’ve had a few.

It does concern me. 

In my Norfolk days went to a party and had to drive there 

Really didn't intend staying long but took a bottle of wine to be nice 

Stayed longer than expected, noticed someone had swipped the wine 

So nicked a bottle of Pimm's

I really don't recommend necking a bottle of Pimm's

Slept in my car thinking nothing of it 

Sore back and fucked head the next morning