Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In Dublin

gonzo

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not today or tonight…. Just had a look at beeb news website, didnt see anything. Can you summarise what I’ve missed.

“Gardai said a man who sustained serious injuries is a person of interest in their investigation. They have also ruled out any terrorist link and praised members of the public who intervened following the attack.”

38 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

“Gardai said a man who sustained serious injuries is a person of interest in their investigation. They have also ruled out any terrorist link and praised members of the public who intervened following the attack.”

I find it disturbing that someone that looks after and teaches children seems quite happy that this incident isn't being treated as a terrorist act.

Makes it all OK does it?

Life of a teacher. Go to school, Go to bigger school. University. School.

One way thinking. 

2 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

I find it disturbing that someone that looks after and teaches children seems quite happy that this incident isn't being treated as a terrorist act.

Makes it all OK does it?

One way thinking. 

It was a comment by the Police.  Presumably based on evidence and knowledge they have of the incident and the perpetrator.  I'd be more concerned if he believed Barbara off Facebook and her version of events. 

5 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Not today or tonight…. Just had a look at beeb news website, didnt see anything. Can you summarise what I’ve missed.

Ireland want to keep Ireland for the Irish. 

Shock horror - how dare they want to do that. 

They are sick of immigration.

Racist pigs……

At least the Irish have a back-bone.

Edited by captainmed

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, captainmed said:

Racist pigs……

So when will you be out smashing up police cars and looting shops to show your back-bone? Or don't you have one?

8 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Forgive me for taking the Gardai statement (bull shit) with a large pinch of salt… have they said what motivated him?  I wonder why they might be lying. 🤔 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

When the young girl was killed in Queen’s Park a few years ago; terrorist act or not?

6 hours ago, captainmed said:

Racist pigs……

They don’t mind a bit of emigration though  

We burning down every Scruffy Murphys in the country?

9 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Makes it all OK does it?

One way thinking. 

What the absolute fck are you rambling on about now??? It's getting a bit pathetic that you keep feeling the need to bring my job into it whenever you disagree. 

You've jumped to a lot of conclusions here. Where the hell did you get the idea that I was quite happy about anything to do with this incident? 

My feeling, which will no doubt be shared by many in Ireland, is that nobody should be rioting and that we should wait for all the details to emerge. It's massively irresponsible and disrespectful to the families affected. The police have said this isn't terror related and what's needed right now is calm. 

The reaction of those protestors was irresponsible and to see a fair few folk sympathising with them on here is ridiculous. I'll pass you my registration number if you want to call the GTCS and get me sacked for this horrific opinion? I'm sure they'd be delighted to hear your thoughts. 

6 hours ago, captainmed said:

Racist pigs……

"At 5.22pm on Thursday, a voice message from an account called “Kill all immigrants” went into a private, invitee-only Telegram group titled “Enough is Enough”. “They can’t control us all."

“At seven o’clock, be in town. Everybody bally [balaclava] up, towel up, and any f---ing gypo, foreigner, anyone, just kill them. Just f---ing kill them. Let’s get this on the f---ing news"

Courtesy of the group organising this through Telegram. Lovely lads eh, salt of the earth people standing up for their country. 

Anyone defending them is fckn idiot. 

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

They don’t mind a bit of emigration though  

We burning down every Scruffy Murphys in the country?

But of a lazy comparison that , understandable , but not quite the same as emigration in the most part to work , not be housed in hotels and given houses while the locals were evicted due to cost of living crisis issues caused by the governments perceived actions 

and plus, if you look at the reasons for Irish need to emigrate through the years , maybe not a complaint British people should make 

to be clear, I think the rioters are total fuckwits, smashing their own city up and particularly O’Connell St , I don’t agree with their stance on immigrants at all, especially this collective responsibility for all for the actions of a few , Irish people suffered that themselves all over , but can see why frustration is there and the government need address it but more on the help for “ natives” rather than stop helping immigrants. 
honestly,young person I know went for a house in Dublin, €500 euro a month it was advertised at, bargain, only it was only offered as a buy to let for landlords to help ease the social housing crisis, landlord got the same house and is now charging the government €1500 a month housing people from Syria and he’s at his mams unable get a foot on the ladder. 

that’s the sort of thing causes ill feeling, not the fact they are immigrants per se 

17 minutes ago, fatolive said:

to be clear, I think the rioters are total fuckwits, smashing their own city up and particularly O’Connell St , I don’t agree with their stance on immigrants at all, especially this collective responsibility for all for the actions of a few , Irish people suffered that themselves all over , but can see why frustration is there and the government need address it but more on the help for “ natives” rather than stop helping immigrants. 
honestly,young person I know went for a house in Dublin, €500 euro a month it was advertised at, bargain, only it was only offered as a buy to let for landlords to help ease the social housing crisis, landlord got the same house and is now charging the government €1500 a month housing people from Syria and he’s at his mams unable get a foot on the ladder. 

that’s the sort of thing causes ill feeling, not the fact they are immigrants per se 

Some really good points in here. 

Even those in the pro immigration camp can't hide that there are problems and the numbers are unsustainable. The UK figures coming out last week were huge. It's easier for folk who have the economic means and less problems accessing housing to belittle concerns around immigration. 

But the pricks rioting in Dublin are vile. Hijacking an incident with no knowledge, attacking police, and blaming people who aren't responsible. Backbone my arse. 

26 minutes ago, fatolive said:

But of a lazy comparison that , understandable , but not quite the same as emigration in the most part to work , not be housed in hotels and given houses while the locals were evicted due to cost of living crisis issues caused by the governments perceived actions 

and plus, if you look at the reasons for Irish need to emigrate through the years , maybe not a complaint British people should make 

It was a flippant comment but the irony of the Irish going on about migrants and communities within communities is a rich one. 

And that’s coming from somebody only here because of that Irish migration. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, MickyD said:

When the young girl was killed in Queen’s Park a few years ago; terrorist act or not?

No.

A woman who was clearly fucking deranged did it. A few argued that she was of foreign extraction so it should never have happened, and possibly so.

But I’d be willing to bet the same NHS workers that tried to save her would have included foreigners here to prop up the staff numbers.

Still makes me sick to the stomach thinking about that poor girl.

10 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Makes it all OK does it?

One way thinking. 

I’d love to know what you do for a living that gives you a heads up 360 vision of what’s going on. 

Let me guess. The university of life?

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I read yesterday that 28% of all hotel and hostel rooms in Ireland are being used to house asylum seekers and refugees

That's an insane statistic

Think that was late last year and mainly for Ukrainians , may have changed now as they’ve literally built a complete estate  for Ukrainians in Sligo , which is all well and good but imagine being an Irish person on the housing list and see the government do that while saying there’s no money to build social housing 

As well as all the ones with accommodation, there’s also loads living in tents on the electric picnic festival site as there’s just nowhere to go