Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leyton Orient (A)


Leyther_Matt

Recommended Posts

Taking off your best striker at 60 mins rarely works tbh.

To keep things in perspective it took a total fuck up from us for them to score and we missed two glorious chance plus decided to blaze 2 shots over the bar when we could have had men away.

I know folk overreact in the heat of moment after a game and all that but lets try and keep focus.

They were just bang up for it, we looked like wed just spent everything against a Premier League team 3 days ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can play poorly and still win, unfortunately when you miss sitters like today’s you can’t expect anything. Never mind, move on to Tuesday but as I’ve said before the key position for me that we need strengthening is LWB and if today didn’t prove that then I don’t know what it will take? None of Williams, Iredale or Ashworth are anywhere near good enough if we are to make the automatics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pitch was like concrete. Couldn't play our passing game on that bobbly pitch. Wonder if the team travelled down this morning as they looked slow and lethargic. Midfield poor. Dempsey non existent. Toal slow. Orient fresh as daisies. Blame the stupid cup games which ruined our promotion push last season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bod & Jerome are sort of applicable when in front & grinding out the last 20 mins but haven't got a goal in them when chasing the game. Whole team absolute shit from start to finish, worst I've seen our midfield in a long time & no impact what so ever from the bench. On the tired legs malarkey, so have Blackpool who literally played 120 mins vs Forest other night yet have gone to Bristol & put in a proper away performance. The way IE'S been talking recently it sounds like the Ennis deal has gone tits up as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

End of the day we lost not 1 player can come off with any credit just 1 of those games but Tuesday if they play like they did today then we do have a problem. On another note Peterboro win again 11 games now unbeaten and strikers who are banging them in they are looking strong!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rizlar said:

End of the day we lost not 1 player can come off with any credit just 1 of those games but Tuesday if they play like they did today then we do have a problem. On another note Peterboro win again 11 games now unbeaten and strikers who are banging them in they are looking strong!!

Can see them winning the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

You can play poorly and still win, unfortunately when you miss sitters like today’s you can’t expect anything. Never mind, move on to Tuesday but as I’ve said before the key position for me that we need strengthening is LWB and if today didn’t prove that then I don’t know what it will take? None of Williams, Iredale or Ashworth are anywhere near good enough if we are to make the automatics. 

FWIW I think Iredale is good enough, but he's likely to be needed as a CB for the foreseeable.  But if there's one position we won't strengthen this month its LWB.  Including last season IE has had 5 LWBs (6 if Mbete is included?) and he signed all of them.  John and Beck were let go as not good enough and we've got 3 left, he can hardly go to Sharon and say can I have another LWB, how many does he need?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'll definitely cut them some slack for their extra workload but I'll make an exception for Williams rolling the ball into touch instead of finding a player from 5 yards, he hasn't played for about 2 weeks!  Poor player.

Effects of fixture pile up started today no doubt, that isn't us out there surely.

Never rated him he can run fast and take a long throw and that’s it tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 2 games against this lot and we haven't been great, not matched them possibly, they aren't overly physical but do not let us settle and pass it around , this looks like where all the sloppiness came in.  The lad up top who scored was good- a decent version of vic.  Any game you can not afford to miss the open net-header and one on one that Charles did today.

To many having off days maybe,  we,ll see on Tuesday.

Bump in the road -  hopefully

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Bizarrely, you also spend more time moaning after we've lost.

Not really

Im disappointed but not laying into them.

It happens.

Man City lose sometimes and their team cost £29950371519947820107

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Not really

Im disappointed but not laying into them.

It happens.

Man City lose sometimes and their team cost £29950371519947820107

To be fair Evatt himself has just laid in to them on the radio. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, kent_white said:

People genuinely calling for Evatt's head on Twitter

I'm done with football 🤣

Will be the same people shouting, gerrit in box'  ' boot it up'.    We know the kind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Deanu said:

Bod & Jerome are sort of applicable when in front & grinding out the last 20 mins but haven't got a goal in them when chasing the game. Whole team absolute shit from start to finish, worst I've seen our midfield in a long time & no impact what so ever from the bench. On the tired legs malarkey, so have Blackpool who literally played 120 mins vs Forest other night yet have gone to Bristol & put in a proper away performance. The way IE'S been talking recently it sounds like the Ennis deal has gone tits up as well 

Nixon said Ennis deal competed soon and Mcginlay said possibly 2 in next next week.  Bad day today but we usually bounce back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.