Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Leyton Orient (A)

Leyther_Matt

• Site Supporter

Just seen the highlights - how on earth did Charles miss that header. People reckon championship clubs will come in for him? No chance.

Yes he's scored goals but he's cost us big time at Pompey and yesterday

2 hours ago, Zico said:

Yeah forgot about him 

Cogley must be fucked though 

LWB seems to change every other game, or gets rotated a lot whereas he plays all game every game

Cogley won't be the only one.  I think IEs instinct is/was to pick Williams whenever available, he's started as many as Toal and Vic.   If he's fit and in any sort of form, he starts 90% of games, very rare for Iredale or Ashworth to start at LWB. 

We have 10 players that play virtually every game if fit: Baxter, Jones, Toal, Santos, Williams, Cogley, Tomo, Sheehan, Vic and Charles.  Can count on the fingers of one hand the games they've been left out when available, Williams and Vic once or twice but that's all.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

For a club going for automatic promotion we’ve had a few bad days at the office so far this season

During the 100 goals / 98 points season, we had 4 ‘blips’ the worst, or most surprising of which was a 5-2 defeat at Southend. (The only others were Birmingham (a) Reading (a) and Ipswich (h))

Shit happens. Move on.

20 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Just seen the highlights - how on earth did Charles miss that header. People reckon championship clubs will come in for him? No chance.

Yes he's scored goals but he's cost us big time at Pompey and yesterday

This 100%. Costing us big time. 

A fucking sitter.

You simply can’t miss those especially away from home. 

21 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Cogley won't be the only one.  I think IEs instinct is/was to pick Williams whenever available, he's started as many as Toal and Vic.   If he's fit and in any sort of form, he starts 90% of games, very rare for Iredale or Ashworth to start at LWB. 

We have 10 players that play virtually every game if fit: Baxter, Jones, Toal, Santos, Williams, Cogley, Tomo, Sheehan, Vic and Charles.  Can count on the fingers of one hand the games they've been left out when available, Williams and Vic once or twice but that's all.

Williams shouldn’t be a regular starter…. If we had anyone decent on the left he’d be an occasional sub and that’s where he belongs. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm always happy to be corrected but I can only find 7.  Wigan, Posh, Derby, Bristol at home; Burton, Pompey, Orient away.  Any I've missed?

Carlisle home.

Reading away.

Yes we scored first but went behind as we lost the games.

I did say go behind, not concede first.

😂😂

Edited by captainmed

10 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Looking for positives this morning, going through the next 7 fixtures we are capable of getting 17 points from those games.

We have bounced every time we’ve put in a shocker so let’s hope same to come, need signings though, that’s what Ipswich did last season and coasted to promotion, it’s over to the board to provide the finance. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We have bounced every time we’ve put in a shocker so let’s hope same to come, need signings though, that’s what Ipswich did last season and coasted to promotion, it’s over to the board to provide the finance. 

Anyone half decent at Jackburn that we could get?

They're skint, and going in the opposite direction. Wouldn't have to move neither. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Aye mate but theres not many that haven't.

Aye, given we can go top with our games in hand 

That will require a proper good run now. 

We're as capable of that as we are of having a shocker 

Got games coming up now where we have to be looking at winning a fair few

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, given we can go top with our games in hand 

That will require a proper good run now. 

We're as capable of that as we are of having a shocker 

Got games coming up now where we have to be looking at winning a fair few

Yes, unfortunately yesterday’s game v Orient fell into this category until the actual game.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

100%, considering where we are and the little we have spent on player recruitment we have done superbly well to be in the position we are. This is not a criticism of the board, but if we don’t invest in 2 or 3 new players in the next 10 days and carry on in the same vein we could not only miss out on promotion but be in the same position next year.

Still plenty in credit for me re the aways I’ve attended and won.

However at 5PM, shivering my tits off, 200 miles from home on a packed tube I thought what the fuck am I doing here!!!!!

Dislike London aways anyway, I always have and very rarely go these days. 

Anyway I’m looking forward to Carlisle. I’m up there for a couple of nights, so will ask what the craic will be on match-day re pubs/bouncers etc & post on here. 

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

What was that stupid tactic of Randell doing long throws down the line for the last 15 minutes- losing at it wasted more time than Orient. Useless yesterday and I can’t this shite anymore

Incredible.

Not read the previous 15 pages, so might be repeating others here.

Collectively poor performance on the road.
Dust off and move on.
We're not still top of the league on PPG for no reason.
All teams will have a drop-off in form.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Yes, unfortunately yesterday’s game v Orient fell into this category until the actual game.

We can still go top with games in hand so yesterday's results can slide 

It's when we can't get in the top two without others slipping up that will start to panic 

10 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Still plenty in credit for me re the aways I’ve attended and won.

However at 5PM, shivering my tits off, 200 miles from home on a packed tube I thought what the fuck am I doing here!!!!!

Dislike London aways anyway, I always have and very rarely go these days. 

Anyway I’m looking forward to Carlisle. I’m up there for a couple of nights, so will ask what the craic will be on match-day re pubs/bouncers etc & post on here. 

Would think apart from that pub near ground you won’t have issues drinking anywhere, seen on a facebook group there’s a pub owned by a Bolton fan so that might do well 

3 hours ago, captainmed said:

Carlisle home.

Reading away.

Yes we scored first but went behind as we lost the games.

I did say go behind, not concede first.

😂😂

Fair enough!  And the Carlisle one is valid because we had loads of time to come back and at least equalise.  We never looked like troubling the keeper in the 2nd half, it was painful.  I know IE says yesterday was our worst performance but Carlisle has to be up there given the standard of opposition.