Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (A)


Leyther_Matt

Recommended Posts

Just now, Rizlar said:

Think you are right cannot see any team coming out of the chasing pack, I agree transfer window will be key can see Derby signing a couple . 

Supposedly getting £4m for best player but being loaned back so expect them to strengthen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

Supposedly getting £4m for best player but being loaned back so expect them to strengthen 

That's a rule that should be stopped.  We could sell Santos, Charles and Tomo for £6mil to Leeds, then loan them back and spend £6mil to get us promoted?  Absolute bollocks rule that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

That's a rule that should be stopped.  We could sell Santos, Charles and Tomo for £6mil to Leeds, then loan them back and spend £6mil to get us promoted?  Absolute bollocks rule that.

Really?

Get promoted and lose some of your best players for next season.

Not a wise approach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's a rule that should be stopped.  We could sell Santos, Charles and Tomo for £6mil to Leeds, then loan them back and spend £6mil to get us promoted?  Absolute bollocks rule that.

Nothing stopping us doing it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's a rule that should be stopped.  We could sell Santos, Charles and Tomo for £6mil to Leeds, then loan them back and spend £6mil to get us promoted?  Absolute bollocks rule that.

In theory but not in practice

No club will signing Santos or Charles at their ages unless they can contribute straight laway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

In theory but not in practice

No club will signing Santos or Charles at their ages unless they can contribute straight laway

Other than Madine I always think we have undersold all our best talents. The standard 4m fee was a borderline crime in the 90s

For a modern spin £500k for Dapo 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I was just about to post the same - even last year I don’t think we win both those games, especially tonight’s in those conditions and looking so comfortable.

So much good about tonight but a couple to pick out:

- the defence looks top drawer at the moment. Having Santos back is huge but both Toal and Jones have looked really good in these last couple of games

- Dion is playing as well as I think he ever has for us. Not just his goalscoring, but all round play is quality - he’s full of confidence.

- The midfield seems to be as good regardless of which 3 are picked. I think in current form, the 3 that started tonight are our best but if I saw Maghoma or Morley start on NYD I wouldn’t be concerned in the slightest.

- GT is absolutely making me eat my words and I completely hold my hands up. I do still think he’s got his limitations against faster players because he’s slow off the mark, and I do think I was partially right with him not being a defensive mid (which Evatt spotted and moved him forwards) but I couldn’t see that he’d become this important to the team. Even as recently as a couple of months ago I was still unsure but his improvement game by game is so clear. Fair play to him and I’m very very happy to admit I was completely wrong.

Up the whites - we’ll finish top 2 with Derby, I just don’t know which way round!

Us visionaries always rated George 😏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

Other than Madine I always think we have undersold all our best talents. The standard 4m fee was a borderline crime in the 90s

For a modern spin £500k for Dapo 

And with the benefit of hindsight, the fee we got for Clough was a good deal as well

We should bring KA back to do our negotiating 💣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

In theory but not in practice

No club will signing Santos or Charles at their ages unless they can contribute straight laway

It was just an example, in practise it would be younger unproven players.  If Bristol City signed Tomo he probably wouldn't get in their team straight away, they may have loaned him back to us.  Its just not fair competition, to pocket the money and not lose the player.  We then buy a Clarke Harris or Jamie Reid from our promotion rivals to beat them to 2nd spot using money gained by not weakening our squad.  Its nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good, solid, professional away performance tonight. Been a great 'festive' period so far, just one more to go.

Quick mention for Dion, 15 goals in half a season, you've got to applaud that. He runs his bollocks off every game harrying defenders, sniffing out chances etc.

Yeah, he misses plenty, but what's he got? 35 in the last season and a half? Take a fucking bow, son.

Seems to have got better since this baby story became public.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

And with the benefit of hindsight, the fee we got for Clough was a good deal as well

We should bring KA back to do our negotiating 💣

I’m convinced Ken ruined his career. Widely known he didn’t want to go. Also never reinvested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

Good, solid, professional away performance tonight. Been a great 'festive' period so far, just one more to go.

Quick mention for Dion, 15 goals in half a season, you've got to applaud that. He runs his bollocks off every game harrying defenders, sniffing out chances etc.

Yeah, he misses plenty, but what's he got? 35 in the last season and a half? Take a fucking bow, son.

Seems to have got better since this baby story became public.

44 in 102 for us in all competitions

He's only 3 goals shy of equalling his tally of league goals last season as well

The good thing for us is that I can't see a Championship club coming in for him (or at least not one that would tempt him to jump ship just now) so he'll likely be with us for the foreseeable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, tomski said:

Other than Madine I always think we have undersold all our best talents. The standard 4m fee was a borderline crime in the 90s

For a modern spin £500k for Dapo 

We sold Eidur for less than Wolves sold Akinbiyi for. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.