Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton (H)

Wanderlust

56 minutes ago, gonzo said:

My old man was drivng on his way back yesterday with Pete and his good mate Roy, been going games together since we met him in Tenerife in 1991.

Roy had a heart attack in the car just after getting on motorway. They did CPR at Bolton North services but it was in vein, pronounced dead shortly after at Hospital.

Plenty off here will have seen him with my Dad in hotel, they are in there like clockwork every home game.

Another Wanderer gone and kind of puts everything into perspective.

Another Wanderer gone.

Must have been so traumatic for Dad and Pete :(

Awful news, condolences to Roy’s family and it kind of puts our spats on here to shame so enough moans from me about yesterday when the rest like your dad and Pete hopefully got home safely.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

My old man was drivng on his way back yesterday with Pete and his good mate Roy, been going games together since we met him in Tenerife in 1991.

Roy had a heart attack in the car just after getting on motorway. They did CPR at Bolton North services but it was in vein, pronounced dead shortly after at Hospital.

Plenty off here will have seen him with my Dad in hotel, they are in there like clockwork every home game.

Another Wanderer gone.

Sad stuff. RIP Roy. Condolences to family/friends. Awful stuff

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Another Wanderer gone.

Very sad RIP fellow Wanderer.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Another Wanderer gone.

That’s awful news, sorry to hear that.

RIP Roy

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Another Wanderer gone.

Awful mate. Thoughts with all of you

5 hours ago, captainmed said:

FFS we’ve just won 4 consecutive games in 10 days and 3 of them without conceding. 

I don’t think I’ve ever known that @ Xmas.

We are doing fantastically well & posters are taking pot shots.

What the fuck do you people expect? 

To Lift The Champions League  

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Another Wanderer gone.

Sad sad news, must of been terrible shock for your Dad and Pete. RIP Roy and condolences to the family. 

3 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

The EFL show was much better when it was on Quest.  With ITV4, leagues 1 and 2 are almost treated as an afterthought.

Mind you, how bad is SSN these days? Time was, it was full of highlights and goals from across all 4 divisions. Nowadays, it's some journo or social media bod chatting away on Teams.  I made the mistake of waiting to see the Fleetwood goals the other night. They had a couple of herberts chatting about bloody fantasy football leagues for 20 minutes!

It was good on Quest apart from when Holloway was on - he doesn't seem to like us despite all the kind words Evatt has said about him. Dean Ashton was so-so about us too but the guest managers who had to play us were pretty respectful for the most part. I thought we got short shrift on that show at times, but the presenter from Northern Ireland always seemed to enthuse about us - perhaps that's why they cut the show? :)

SSN is fine if you want to know about the Prem but they had no excuse on Boxing Day - covered the Championship and then started prattling on about other bollocks instead of L1 and L2 - maybe the producers are focused on serving up the same tripe every week? My sister in law who lives in Germany was on the phone bemoaning Arsenal losing to Fulham - I'm giving it "who cares?"

Don't these TV wallahs not realise the number of football fans who don't support Prem teams?

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Another Wanderer gone.

Sad news Gonzo. Condolences to the family.

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Another Wanderer gone.

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Another Wanderer gone.

Sorry to hear the sad news condolences to all concerned RIP fellow white

5 hours ago, gonzo said:

Another Wanderer gone.

Horrible news mate.  

Rip Roy 

5 hours ago, gonzo said:

Another Wanderer gone.

Awful news, Gonzo. Condolences to all friends and family.

7 hours ago, ianofcleveleys said:

It's abysmal anywhere on Middlebrook, nipping in McD's or Costa and getting on their wi-fi helps with the social media stuff but sending a text is nigh on impossible. Hard to believe they haven't got round to whacking a mast up somewhere on the site, unless I've missed it. I'm on Tesco (so O2 in essence)

Lad next to me Nat Lofthouse upper had the darts on 😂 I can’t even make a call. 

• Members
10 hours ago, gonzo said:

Another Wanderer gone.

Sincere condolences.

RIP fellow Wanderer

• The topic was unpinned