Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan Athletic (A)

Leyther_Matt

41 minutes ago, desperado said:

Piss funny. Football playing second fiddle to egg chasing. Sums the town up, can’t take those fuckers seriously. 

Although I do recall having to watch us play Crewe on a Friday night so that rugby could be played on Saturday on our pitch a couple of seasons ago 😐

31 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Although I do recall having to watch us play Crewe on a Friday night so that rugby could be played on Saturday on our pitch a couple of seasons ago 😐

Embarrassing granted but not even close. 

5 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Didn't Hull move one of our games to a Friday night so they could all go to the rugby on the Saturday?

That's as tinpot as it comes 

Yes. I went on the Friday. Part of my horrific run ha

• The topic was pinned
3 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

They haven’t started selling tickets in the home end yet.

Word is they don’t want us in their end, but have no way of policing this with it being local. 

Doesn’t help that they’re changing ticket system for the second time in a few years and didn’t pay to take across their databases so any hopes of ‘previous booking only’ has been completely obliterated. 

2 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

Didn't Hull move one of our games to a Friday night so they could all go to the rugby on the Saturday?

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Yes. I went on the Friday. Part of my horrific run ha

Just got a cold shiver down my spine thinking of it.
I only went because it was moved as it was my eldest daughter's wedding the next day.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Doesn’t help that they’re changing ticket system for the second time in a few years and didn’t pay to take across their databases so any hopes of ‘previous booking only’ has been completely obliterated. 

Excellent - get buying in their end whites, it could be another occasion where we take over their ground 

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

image.thumb.png.db44f7e6bfd02c65234c34ee1a50ea2e.png

16 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

It does sound like we're having a laugh at a town/club simply for having a rugby team in the vicinity 😀

I bet even the massive Leeds wouldn't play a home game the same day as Leeds RL were in a cup final, seems totally logical rather than a reason to say they're tinpot.

I was amazed how many Bolton fans went to Wembley to watch Leigh in August, if we'd been at home that day instead of at Cheltenham it would definitely have knocked a few off our attendance.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

It does sound like we're having a laugh at a town/club simply for having a rugby team in the vicinity 😀

I bet even the massive Leeds wouldn't play a home game the same day as Leeds RL were in a cup final, seems totally logical rather than a reason to say they're tinpot.

I was amazed how many Bolton fans went to Wembley to watch Leigh in August, if we'd been at home that day instead of at Cheltenham it would definitely have knocked a few off our attendance.

Hull have two rugby teams though, one half wouldn't give a shit

Its tinpot in that you need to move a game to Friday to accommodate rugby 

I'm surprised we agreed to it

4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Hull have two rugby teams though, one half wouldn't give a shit

Its tinpot in that you need to move a game to Friday to accommodate rugby 

I'm surprised we agreed to it

All part of getting in extra income, the logic would be somewhere along the lines of we can't be expected to buy a striker for £750k if we're not exploring income streams etc.  That's me commenting without knowing facts, it might have only made us £10k for all I know!

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

All part of getting in extra income, the logic would be somewhere along the lines of we can't be expected to buy a striker for £750k if we're not exploring income streams etc.  That's me commenting without knowing facts, it might have only made us £10k for all I know!

It was Hull FC in the final, I know Hull KR fans who were pissed off at the change

So the football club are pissing off some of their fans over rugby

That said, I think you may have replied to the wrong post

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

it wasnt like the ground was being used for rugby ffs

disgraceful episode, all round