Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford (H)

L/H White

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Bertie said:

Why choose us v Oxford midweek? Who’ll want to watch that? Bonkers.  Will further dilute our midweek home attendance & atmosphere. Got to feel for hardcore Oxford fans as well. 

15 mins?

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Bertie said:

Why choose us v Oxford midweek? Who’ll want to watch that? Bonkers.  Will further dilute our midweek home attendance & atmosphere. Got to feel for hardcore Oxford fans as well. 

They have to be reasonably equitable  I suppose. 

As for viewing numbers- it's third division football; they won't be huge.

1 hour ago, Bertie said:

If they're hardcore, they'd be there anyway

Not like its been shifted from a Saturday

Just thought it might encourage a few more if publicised, could be wrong.  Just seems harsh to charge £28 etc for a night match on Sky.

I know thousands of S/T holders won't attend on a school night but plenty of folk that live local would go to a night match in March if it was £10, I'd bring a couple of folk myself but at £28 there's zero chance. 

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Just thought it might encourage a few more if publicised, could be wrong.  Just seems harsh to charge £28 etc for a night match on Sky.

I know thousands of S/T holders won't attend on a school night but plenty of folk that live local would go to a night match in March if it was £10, I'd bring a couple of folk myself but at £28 there's zero chance. 

Think it’s a fair shout. Makes no difference to me. 

13 hours ago, tomski said:

Vaguely remember £10k being quoted or something close. May have been for Pompey game so not sure if home team gets more

£10k?! Is that all we get for TV games down at this level? I've not kept up with it but seem to remember it was like £100k back in our PL days.

I guess the clubs have very little option to say no though, as they all get an upfront payment from TV and then have to accept they could be chosen for £10k. 

On a personal note the additional 15mins is a bit of a pain too, just more likely to run into motorway/train issues. I'd actually quite like to see 7pm kick offs for evening games. Not sure of overall impact but it would help with the kids attendance definitely 

34 minutes ago, Stig said:

£10k?! Is that all we get for TV games down at this level? I've not kept up with it but seem to remember it was like £100k back in our PL days.

I guess the clubs have very little option to say no though, as they all get an upfront payment from TV and then have to accept they could be chosen for £10k. 

On a personal note the additional 15mins is a bit of a pain too, just more likely to run into motorway/train issues. I'd actually quite like to see 7pm kick offs for evening games. Not sure of overall impact but it would help with the kids attendance definitely 

Don't think the club has much say 

Seem to recall a few years back when Leeds were in the championship, they'd regularly feature on Sky 

Their owner worked out that despite the compensation, they were generating less than they would on a normal match day and asked them to stop being shown so much

Sky naturally weren't interested 

22 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Seem to recall a few years back when Leeds were in the championship, they'd regularly feature on Sky 

Their owner worked out that despite the compensation, they were generating less than they would on a normal match day and asked them to stop being shown so much

Genuinely wonder the impact of the new tv schedule. I’m amazed the lengths they are going to protect the 3pm black out. I wonder if we will move to a model where the 4 leagues kick off at different times. I think we are the only ones who don’t.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DirtySanchez said:

Leeds away at Plymouth today 

Sky fucked their fans putting it on at 12.30 

They'll still take more hi than everyone else, obviously