Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nags

Willie Mullins hurdlers/chasers at the Festival over 2m to 2m5f sent off at odds of 6/1 or shorter have a 36.5% strike rate (50 from 137) and backing each of them to a £20 stake at Betfair SP would have made you £787, a return of 28.72% on your 'investments'.

• Members
On 12/03/2024 at 01:36, Traf said:

Willie Mullins hurdlers/chasers at the Festival over 2m to 2m5f sent off at odds of 6/1 or shorter have a 36.5% strike rate (50 from 137) and backing each of them to a £20 stake at Betfair SP would have made you £787, a return of 28.72% on your 'investments'.

I'll be watching no. 9 in the last then C.

6 qualifiers yesterday,
2nd & 8th in the 1.30
1st & 3rd in the 2.10
1st in the 3.30
1st in the 4.10

Small profit at betfair SP, but if you got on earlier, you'd make more.
It's not a get rich scheme by any means, mind.

• Members
7 hours ago, Traf said:

Hope you backed it.

I did sir. The local TAB were offering cash back for 2nd, 3rd and 4th so it seemed like a bet to nothing (they would only let me on for $50 though). Not sure what the price was in the UK but they gave us $5.00 here (4/1).

I will be toasting thy name with a pint of Drambuie shandy tonight and make a mental note to buy you a pint when I am next over (should the opportunity arise).

9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I did sir. The local TAB were offering cash back for 2nd, 3rd and 4th so it seemed like a bet to nothing (they would only let me on for $50 though). Not sure what the price was in the UK but they gave us $5.00 here (4/1).

I will be toasting thy name with a pint of Drambuie shandy tonight and make a mental note to buy you a pint when I am next over (should the opportunity arise).

9/2 SP, I think, so not far off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Balls to it, need something to take my mind off football so losing a few quid on the National seems like just the ticket.

Chemical somethinganother

Run wild Fred

Chambord

These are my 3 e/w bets so if anyone wants to win, avoid these 3