Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

4 years ago Today

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seems ages ago in a way, perhaps we tend to move on instinctively from something so alien.

We (me and mrs) were lucky given our age and circumstances. To be honest, we made the most of it and spent half our time pissed in the garden enjoying the weather.

Must have been proper shit for some though - young uns, old, families with kids at home etc.

• Site Supporter
Just now, wakey said:

We (me and mrs) were lucky given our age and circumstances. To be honest, we made the most of it and spent half our time pissed in the garden enjoying the weather.

Must have been proper shit for some though - young uns, old, families with kids at home etc.

I think many folk did likewise- a way to keep the blues away.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Should have happened 2 weeks earlier according to some, should never have happened at all according to others. Did we ever establish who was right?

The former but in the end it was going to run through us all pretty much, unfortunately. 

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

The former but in the end it was going to run through us all pretty much, unfortunately. 

From the point of view of preventing the nhs from over topping, it worked.

Economically, obviously not great.

Doing it earlier would have prevented some deaths up top, and may have reduced number overall, so maybe it should have happened then.

Going off the reported effects on mental health, and development of youngsters, maybe it shouldn't have happened at all, though keeping them in school wouldn't necessarily have been possible, given the numbers of teachers off sick or dead as a result.

In short, it's impossible to say, especially if you have a focus on only one aspect.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, wakey said:

Me too. I worked in a day centre which didn't close. A lot of the staff got sent to other places but because of my age they kept be at our base. They asked me to stay after my retirement date in the May 4 years ago. Iwas only supposed to be there for a few months. I finally finished in December last year. In that time I cleared my debts off and we've had three holidays out of it.

As you say, I must have been shit for the people who's place of work did close. 

4 minutes ago, little whitt said:

How many GOT DEAD in the end 

was it 160k 

not bad out of 67 million 

Same amount as flu. And average age of death 82.

ALLEGEDLY 

I'm one of the ones who both of us had to try to work from home whilst having a 2 year old and a 6 year old in tow. Still got PTSD now. 

No wonder I've gone tinfoil whilst gammons sat in their gardens enjoying the weather having a glass of fizz! 🤣 

4 minutes ago, stevieb said:

ALLEGEDLY 

I'm one of the ones who both of us had to try to work from home whilst having a 2 year old and a 6 year old in tow. Still got PTSD now. 

No wonder I've gone tinfoil whilst gammons sat in their gardens enjoying the weather having a glass of fizz! 🤣 

Thats Fuck All Son 

my last 4 Weeks in GERMANY 

in a HUT 23hrs a day 

1/2 hour for a Shower and a Phone call

1/2 hour for some day light 

• Site Supporter

Me and Mrs Fogarty  were sat in the garden. She had fizz but I didn't and while the pubs ere closed I lost a couple of stone.

Nobody flying up and down the road in Mercs, Audis BMs etc. Nothing in the sky to spoil the view.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, stevieb said:

ALLEGEDLY 

Flu has treatment regimes and vaccinations available. 

Covid didn't.

What would the numbers have been without some sort of restrictions until a vaccine was available?

Mad as fuck. Did about 4 months on furlough but worked a day a week undeclared. Shaved my hair off after 2 days. Burnt my shoulder skin off to a hospitalisation level after 3 days. Was massively piling on the weight until we made a declaration that we weren’t eating cake or drinking alcohol until we were allowed back in the grounds. Only relented when it came to pressure time in League Two and fucking hell I’ve spent a fortune on XL sized clothes since then. 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Flu has treatment regimes and vaccinations available. 

Covid didn't.

What would the numbers have been without some sort of restrictions until a vaccine was available?

I don't even know what you're trying to call here mate. 

The mrna Vaccines are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot... 

Battlenips was the best bit of the plandemic 

13 hours ago, stevieb said:

ALLEGEDLY 

Add that 160k to normal numbers though and its a different story.

Also, do 82 year olds not matter then?

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Add that 160k to normal numbers though and its a different story.

Also, do 82 year olds not matter then?

Defo seems to be conflicting thoughts on how everything went down as to whether you lost someone or not?

Completely understandable but I find the views of ‘low numbers, just a flu etc a bit thoughtless when people engage in conversation.