Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

31 years ago . Same scenario Yes or No ?


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Won our last 5 fixtures that season

Wasn’t it Exeter away where a port vale fan snotted a player they dropped points that night 

It was an Exeter fan! 

There must have been something riding on it for them as they were raging.

Bloke in a leather coat ha ha

....Big Stu Storer playing for Exeter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, gonzo said:

It was an Exeter fan! 

There must have been something riding on it for them as they were raging.

Bloke in a leather coat ha ha

....Big Stu Storer playing for Exeter

Yep just found it on YouTube but haven’t a clue how to post it

leather jacket guy went for ref & lino

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

 

 

 

Couple of things stand out from that video.

First, what a weak pen to give in that situation.

Second, that grey haired bloke who knocked over the linesman ... wtf was that two-handed 'punch'.

Edited by wakey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This must have been the season when Stoke filled their end at burnden and were celebrating with us as we had stopped vale going up ?  

Somet like that.     31 years ago ,  jeezus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

This must have been the season when Stoke filled their end at burnden and were celebrating with us as we had stopped vale going up ?  

Somet like that.     31 years ago ,  jeezus

Weren't some swapping scarves on Manny Road, all peaceful instead of the usual bloodshed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Remember being in the King Billy watching the match reports & all the Vale fans at Blackpool celebrating as they thought we'd drawn & they were up 😁

They were away at Blackpool and went 2-0 up, fans on pitch celebrating going up as we were drawing 

They score a third but as we're winning they barely celebrated

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

They were away at Blackpool and went 2-0 up, fans on pitch celebrating going up as we were drawing 

They score a third but as we're winning they barely celebrated

Might be wrong but my mind tells me they thought they were up at full time..... But I was very very drunk 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, desperado said:

Am I on ignore in the longest run thread 🤣

Sorry pal , just looked on the thread ,my bad . I rushed it on this morning while trying to gee everyone out of they're slumber before setting off for Bristol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
14 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Might be wrong but my mind tells me they thought they were up at full time..... But I was very very drunk 😁

Nah, watched the Granada highlights from that day loads back then

Bernie Slaven scored and they were going mental on the pitch etc 

Ian Taylor scored right at the end and it was half arsed at best 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Could def do with peterborough chucking in a defeat before we play them

So long as we have won 3 and they have lost 1, they cant catch us last day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Casino said:

Could def do with peterborough chucking in a defeat before we play them

So long as we have won 3 and they have lost 1, they cant catch us last day

They play there next 3 over a 6 day period so there’s potential for a defeat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

It somehow doesn't have the same feel as 92/3. Yet. If Derby slip up on Wednesday night and we beat Pompey I will massively change my tune!!

Can you imagine them losing by 2, and us drawing.

Go above them on goals scored!

Now that is squeaky bum time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can you imagine them losing by 2, and us drawing.

Go above them on goals scored!

Now that is squeaky bum time.

Be great but personally think Wycombe season finishes after todays final 

Edited by radcliffe white
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.