Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pie Eaters...AGAIN

Garrp

Veteran Danish midfielder Stig Tofting is training with Wigan Athletic.

The former Bolton Wanderers hard man has been invited to train with the Championship side for a few days this week.

Tofting is available on a free transfer after being sacked by AGF Aarhus last month and he is aiming to resurrect his career with The Latics.

Compatriot Per Frandsen is already at The JJB Stadium and Tofting is looking to benefit from his time with Paul Jewell's outfit.

"I have gone there to visit my good friend Per Frandsen and improve my fitness," Tofting told Danish radio.

"This is a good possibility to boost my fitness."

The 35-year-old previously spent a year in the North West of England with Bolton before being released by Sam Allardyce in March 2003.

He spent a brief period in China before he returned to his homeland to link up with AGF in December 2003.

But a brawl at last month's club Christmas dinner saw Tofting's contract ripped up and he is now aiming to secure a new team.

The ex-Denmark international has other clubs on his trail but will hope that clinching a contract at Wigan will present him with the chance to put behind him the off-field problems which have blighted his career in recent years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.