Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley Home

Big E

• Site Supporter

Will Santos play, given his apparent discomfort?

Or bench him, and use him if necessary but look to have him fit should we get to the final.

He's done well against Peterborough is previous games (should they get there).

Arguments both ways of course, but he doesn't seem to have been absolutely fit for a while.

20 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Will Santos play, given his apparent discomfort?

Or bench him, and use him if necessary but look to have him fit should we get to the final.

He's done well against Peterborough is previous games (should they get there).

Arguments both ways of course, but he doesn't seem to have been absolutely fit for a while.

I agree and to be fair young Taylor looks a pretty good stand by if Rico isn’t 100% to play. I certainly wouldn’t risk not having him for the final if he is still a doubt. If we can’t beat Barnsley without him and with a 2-0 lead as well we don’t deserve to get through.

Santos completely pumped up at Barnsley. Every corner in the 2nd half he was looking to us and waving his arms to urge us to make more noise. Same at the end.

If he’s fit, he plays. He’s up for it, which is good for us.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

I agree and to be fair young Taylor looks a pretty good stand by if Rico isn’t 100% to play. I certainly wouldn’t risk not having him for the final if he is still a doubt. If we can’t beat Barnsley without him and with a 2-0 lead as well we don’t deserve to get through.

I'm not sold on Taylor. He looks weak and seems to be made of balsa and glass.

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, tomski said:

Best team for the semi and best team for the final, whatever that may be. No resting anyone. 

14 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Santos completely pumped up at Barnsley. Every corner in the 2nd half he was looking to us and waving his arms to urge us to make more noise. Same at the end.

If he’s fit, he plays. He’s up for it, which is good for us.

Question is what is the best team?

If not fully fit then is Santos worth playing and risking him?

Not a matter of "resting" anyone who is fit and raring to go, just being cautious on anyone who is below par.

17 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Apart from being a shit tune from a shit band it doesn't even rhyme.

Only just catching up with this thread, so apologies if similar has already been said but.......Jesus christ, I make allowance for your war a peace style posts of strangley irresolute words, cos I know you're one of us.  But if you can't appreciate the joy and atmosphere that we all felt belting that out for 20 mins solid and more on Friday, then I'm not sure football and Bolton is for you. It was fucking mega that. 

Posted (edited)

Santos has to play even if not 100 percent fit he cleared every header into the box and we’re going to need the same again on Tuesday .

Doubt there are many players 100 percent fit at the tail end of the season anyway just a case of managing injuries even it means a few injections 

one thing for certain is we will do it the hard way on Tuesday in typical bwfc style we have only ever waltzed it to promotion once in the last 50 years with out making hard work of it one way or the other 

Edited by Farnywhite

54 minutes ago, boogs said:

Only just catching up with this thread, so apologies if similar has already been said but.......Jesus christ, I make allowance for your war a peace style posts of strangley irresolute words, cos I know you're one of us.  But if you can't appreciate the joy and atmosphere that we all felt belting that out for 20 mins solid and more on Friday, then I'm not sure football and Bolton is for you. It was fucking mega that. 

Wasn't even at the game and I've been humming it all weekend 😄

1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

Am in a hotel in Cov on Tuesday night. Hope the locals are more interested in us vs Barnsley than PSG vs Dortmund and have it on the telly

Should be a given. Both trying to get to Wembley ha

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's been like it for a while. 

Just a touch concerned that he could "break down".

No doubt the medical staff wil be on it though. 

Understand and share your concerns mate.

But as others have pointed out, it's shit or bust time now.

We put best team available our every game.

If he breaks down, it happens.

No point having any regrets. 

This tie isn't over, not by a long stretch. 

I am not sure I would start Toal on Tuesday.

We look unbalanced with a right footer on the left of a three. So bring Iredale in.

Assume after Friday Cosgrove will start for them and we do not want to get dragged into a street fight with them.

Santos was superb Friday and hopefully fit enough to start then rested after 60 minutes when we are 37 up. 

3 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Wasn't even at the game and I've been humming it all weekend 😄

I was one of the lucky ones to be there, it was ace. Seemed to come out of nowhere. Credit to whoever came up with it. (I know it must have been pinched from somewhere)  

Mrs has told me to shut the fuck up at least 4 times in the last couple days 😂

3 minutes ago, boogs said:

I was one of the lucky ones to be there, it was ace. Seemed to come out of nowhere. Credit to whoever came up with it. (I know it must have been pinched from somewhere)  

Mrs has told me to shut the fuck up at least 4 times in the last couple days 😂

Same here pal 🤣

4 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Same here pal 🤣

She text me while I was on the way home on Friday saying "great win, hope your happy. Please don't wake us up shouting we've got super Ian Evatt when you get in" which is my usual go to.

Well, I adhered to her rule, but she wasn't expecting our new song. 😁

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Ani said:

I am not sure I would start Toal on Tuesday.

We look unbalanced with a right footer on the left of a three. So bring Iredale in.

Assume after Friday Cosgrove will start for them and we do not want to get dragged into a street fight with them.

Santos was superb Friday and hopefully fit enough to start then rested after 60 minutes when we are 37 up. 

Yeah but Toal is better than Jones so would be dropping him first

I'd Def bring iredale in to give us the level of cunt we will need in defence if Barnsley are up for a scrap

5 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Potential is there but he’s not had the run of games to get match fit and find any rhythm 

He's too slow to play for us. Especially against Barnsley with all the balls over the top they play. Rico's pace allows us to play a higher line and allows Jones to get forward.