Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley Home


Big E

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, gonzo said:

Does not get any better.

 

We love you Bolton.

 

 

20240507_221059.thumb.jpg.f792fae9e83815ad0a4e7ba13532402c.jpg

20240507_220910.jpg

Great for the young uns, my lad 20 this year and see little glory, he’s loving it right now, let’s hope we finish the job for these younger fans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

My youngest is 6, it was his first night game and he was bouncing. He's got his first season ticket next year. All I heard last night was 'Cosgrove is a knobhead'. 😆

My eldest his had a season ticket for a few years, he is autistic but loves coming to the match. He cried when Collins equalised, just sheer emotion, that's the experience you only got following a team.

Can't wait to take them both next weekend, first trip to Wembley for them, I just hope we get over the line and they get to experience what we did last April.

@Zico, we need a level above ‘like’

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Nice to hear IE saying it’s a learning curve too, got to say very worried how quickly we crumble after conceding Peterborough & Barnsley twice now

 

We didn't crumble after conceding the first last night, but I agree that the 10-15 minutes period after they drew level was very shaky. But the changes steadied the ship to get us over the line. I think Peterboro was just a reflection of the Derby score, but we have seen it in other games. Santos head goes if he makes a mistake and that impacts the whole defence,  saw it for the first and then after his gift for the 2nd.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CambridgeBWFC said:

We didn't crumble after conceding the first last night, but I agree that the 10-15 minutes period after they drew level was very shaky. But the changes steadied the ship to get us over the line. I think Peterboro was just a reflection of the Derby score, but we have seen it in other games. Santos head goes if he makes a mistake and that impacts the whole defence,  saw it for the first and then after his gift for the 2nd.

 

We've got 10 days to get him fully fit and hopefully he'll do his usual of coming back with a stormer like Pompey at home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BeeversLeftPeg said:

We've got 10 days to get him fully fit and hopefully he'll do his usual of coming back with a stormer like Pompey at home.

I dont think his head going after making a mistake is due to fitness, we have seen it before. However hopefully a fully fit, raring to go Santos will be less prone to mistakes 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cosgrove gave Santos trouble like no one else I’ve seen tbh. He caused aggro all night long 

for all his good points last night and  how reacts shows you exactly why Rico is still with us and at this level. That first one of the 2nd half should’ve been straight in to the top tier. No fucking about. Manage the game. 
 

anyway post mortems are bad enough when we get beat. Let’s not dwell on them when we’ve just got through to Wembley. Enjoy the next week or so because many have been baying for us to fall and I fucking love watching them squirm that we haven’t. Yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reebok was truly rocking! Whoever's idea it was to introduce the cardboard clappers needs a pay rise. Absolutely brilliant noise last night. Up the whites! Wembley here we come! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Yes. I was surprised 

He played well tbf but Toal training with him ... can you imagine that ?

Plus, however well he played he was sub for Plymouth ar Wembley. They binned him off after promotion. He was sub for Barnsley last week. There are reasons for this.

2 goals and an assist last night on top of getting them back into the tie at their place after he came on when they looked like they'd given up. This after scoring 3 in 32 all season and being dropped for the the majority of the last 10 games. Bizarre.

Based on how he plays against us he'd be a great signing but his usual level suggests he's a bang average league 2 lump. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

.

Thankfully (against airplane mode policy), I somehow caught signal just 1 minute after takeoff, enough of a signal to get the pitch invading photo from my dad(blurred on WhatsApp).

 

COYWM!

I got 5G 30 mins out from landing in Munich a few weeks ago, lucky to get anything near the TS!

I have another SIM now that does work at the TS and is just used when I'm at home matches.😁 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s a shit Gary Madine. He’s just one of those annoying players that gets himself really ramped up to play against us and make himself look like prime Drogba.

Same category as McClean. You could probably make an 11 out of them actually. Bang average (not in the Maghoma actually really good sense) but turn into world beaters against us - half of them would have Wigan connections I imagine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, waffer cup 07 said:

Charles and Collins are forming a good partenership up front. Cosgrove is a physical threat, no more.

That ball at 1-1 that Charles played from the left touchline and put Collins in behind!

Forget the poor second touch from Collins (didn’t have him down for that, especially after just scoring) - the run, the pass and the understanding between the 2 to pull that off is very very encouraging.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

My youngest is 6, it was his first night game and he was bouncing. He's got his first season ticket next year. All I heard last night was 'Cosgrove is a knobhead'. 😆

My eldest his had a season ticket for a few years, he is autistic but loves coming to the match. He cried when Collins equalised, just sheer emotion, that's the experience you only got following a team.

Can't wait to take them both next weekend, first trip to Wembley for them, I just hope we get over the line and they get to experience what we did last April.

If you do not 'win the day' for likes there is something wrong !

Hope they have a brilliant day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.